Sign in to follow this  
Cale

Lotto this W/end

Who's buying lotto/powerball this weekend?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The smart people must only buy them in "normal" weeks.

Given the odds 'smart' people probably wouldn't buy them at all.

Given the odds 'smart' people probably wouldn't buy them at all.

correct

$6 for a Lucky Dip, but you don't get Power Ball. $11 for the cheapest Powerball one.

not true cheapest powerball is $8.80

i play the same numbers every week i had a dream i won 12 mill a while back i woke up and wrote the numbers down so now i play those numbers every week.

Play it again Sam, ;) the last number does not compute. Lotto stops at 40. :P

I buy a ticket most weeks, a $16.50 mega dip (or something like that). I don't miss the money I spend on the ticket, but would certainly be happy with winning it.

Every now and then I win small amounts that buy a few weeks more tickets. Got $75 odd a couple of weeks ago, had a $30 win a couple of weeks before that.

I know that it is hardly an investment, and that it is mainly throwing money away, but hey, so be it.

I do have a problem with people who don't have the money to spend, buying up large. That is just stupid.

Cheers

Grant

Now is when I bring up the smoking thread and how much money I stand to save if I quit… Gambling is a degusting habit :lol:

You are write though crocett, I wouldn’t normally buy a ticket when its only 2M but since its more I will. It is the Missus Birthday though so im only really buying it as a gift.

your chances of winning are as discussed...but you have to do another setr of sums...becuase all the lemmings rush out and buy more and more tickets as the pool goes up there must a bigger chance of you having to share the winnings....mind you i wouldnt mind sharing 24 - 30 mil...we normally buy one ticket with the same numbers and add the power ball.....or sometimes a lucky dip with power ball added....

Sharing the winnings of 24mil between 5(?) people would be much better than solely winning 2mil.

As I was browsing through here I noticed that the cheapest ticket is for $8.50 .... now if you buy this ticket 52 weeks a year (assuming you get it every week) that would be $416 p/year... now over a period of 5 years... thats $2080!!

If you're buying a ticket for around $11 (every week)... $572 per year, $2860 every 5 years!

If you're a lotto junkie and you've been buying $11 tickets since you were 23 up until you are 77 (every week) ... this would effectively mean you have spent over $30k on lotto tickets (not to mention how much 'potential interest you have lost from not having that $30k in the bank)!

Moral of the story.... As with gambling, you get nothing for something! (bar the handful of 'ZOMG I'm so Lucky!!1!' people)

not true cheapest powerball is $8.80

i play the same numbers every week i had a dream i won 12 mill a while back i woke up and wrote the numbers down so now i play those numbers every week.

Cheapest ticket with powerball is $4.40

Come on 25mil. Then I wont give a sh*t who runs the country, I'll live off the land in the middle of nowhere. f**k YEH!

Come on 25mil. Then I wont give a sh*t who runs the country, I'll live off the land in the middle of nowhere. f**k YEH!

I donno... but when I first read this message it looked like it said "I will f**k the land YEH!" O_O I need help....

lol, So who won what?

I got one free line of strike for next weeks draw. WOW! lol

But it would be good to see if any bimmersporters got a bit of doe from this.

Are we all in again for 30mil next week?

I won another Strike ticket lol

I'm so in for next week :S

Edited by Antallica

30 million, this gotta be biggest ever jackpot isn't it?

I am so in for this week.

For those that say you can't win, I'd say to them "to buy a hope".

I'm a farmer, and my response to living off the land is "Oh f**k no!" :P:D

Imagine it, I could afford a brand new M3 to round up the cows with each morning B)

I'm a farmer, and my response to living off the land is "Oh f**k no!" :P:D

Imagine it, I could afford a brand new M3 to round up the cows with each morning B)

I know someone who uses a Black E92 M3 as the farm car, I'll try get a picture of the state its in haha

So who won 2nd division lotto getting a nice 6mil?

I only won $33, which breaks me even. GAY!