Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Stupid Terrior

If you ever had any doubts as to how stupid Bull Terriers really are - then have a look at this….

Somewhere out there is a naked Porcupine.

Inca apparently did not know when to quit when she encountered the porcupine . These are the pictures the vet sent before the long (and expensive) procedure to remove the quills. She had thousands of quills, and her tongue was so covered, she could not close her mouth.

It was pretty scary at first. She is doing okay now, but looks like a World War III survivor as they had to cut some out in places, stitched between her toes, and many quills bled on removal. There are still quills buried in her, but they should work their way out over time (I pulled four more today).

She is on antibiotics and pain meds and thankfully is doing quite well.

post-1129-1223850983_thumb.jpgpost-1129-1223851001_thumb.png

Is this your dog Glenn?

You did say you had pulled four more.

If so, where in NZ do you find Porcupines?

Edited by briancol

It was sent by a friend overseas. Not sure if it was a freinds dog or just a random find on the internet

Haha dumb ass dog.

You would think the stupid thing would have learnt its lesson after the first stabbage

I was sent this email the other day also, I couldnt believe the dog didn't learn after the first spike!

Guest Simon*

I was sent this email the other day also, I couldnt believe the dog didn't learn after the first spike!

Says a lot about these breeds - pig, kid, porcupine - all the same to a mutton headed bulldog

You know how they say dog owners generally pick a dog that has a similar personality to themselves. Well I think this really applies to the meat head bull dogs.

I am extremely smart I have a Standard Poodle.. This theory is instantly flawed :blink:

Pit-bull's have a high pain threshold, kinda scary thinking that if one was attacking you it probably wouldn’t stop no matter how hard you were punching it.

Factoid: The only way to subdue one when its in a rage and its jaw is locked is to shov something up its you know what.

Edited by Apex

I am extremely smart I have a Standard Poodle.. This theory is instantly flawed :blink:

Pit-bull's have a high pain threshold, kinda scary thinking that if one was attacking you it probably wouldn’t stop no matter how hard you were punching it.

Factoid: The only way to subdue one when its in a rage and its jaw is locked is to shov something up its you know what.

Or rips its front legs apart so hard that it paralyses them..

Or rips its front legs apart so hard that it paralyses them..

This is a good theory that can work with lesser dogs but if you're ever unfortunate enough to stumble on a pitty attack DONT intervene unless you're able to kill it ie a knife or axe.Even a hammer wont stop a pitty when its hit the "red zone".And DONT shout & scream at the dog-this only excites them & will make things much worse.

This is a good theory that can work with lesser dogs but if you're ever unfortunate enough to stumble on a pitty attack DONT intervene unless you're able to kill it ie a knife or axe.Even a hammer wont stop a pitty when its hit the "red zone".And DONT shout & scream at the dog-this only excites them & will make things much worse.

Woah, that's pretty extreme...

Haha it's Pinhead's (from Hellraiser) dog!

Lol I was thinking Craig from Slipknot

Says a lot about these breeds - pig, kid, porcupine - all the same to a mutton headed bulldog

If you spend hundreds of years breeding a type of dog to attack and kill things, don't be surprised when that is what it does!

Would like to know how / why people justify having such a dog if it is not being used for it's sole purpose in life.

At the end of the day it's not the dog's fault - you need to look at the owner.

Just as an aside - the highest number of attacks and fatalities in the world are down to Labradors - not Pit Bulls.

"Just as an aside - the highest number of attacks and fatalities in the world are down to Labradors - not Pit Bulls."

I read that too, its down to them being so trusted so kids get all in their faces and make baby noises...Id attack if someone did that to me too:P

Guest SamSpargo

Just as an aside - the highest number of attacks and fatalities in the world are down to Labradors - not Pit Bulls.

Where do you people come up with this drivel?

Clifton study done in Canada and USA, from 82-06:

http://www.dogbitelaw.com/Dog%20Attacks%20...6%20Clifton.pdf

Pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes are responsible for 74% of attacks that were included in the study, 68% of the attacks upon children, 82% of the attacks upon adults, 65% of the deaths, and 68% of the maimings. In more than two-thirds of the cases included in the study, the life-threatening or fatal attack was apparently the first known dangerous behavior by the animal in question.

Labradors have killed more than mastiffs though, which was surprising.

I will grant that the study should include these factors for meaningful numbers to emerge:

* Are the statistics available reliable for identifying specific breeds? In cases of bites from unfamiliar animals such as strays, the breed description can be inaccurate.

* What proportion of a breed's owners are knowledgeable about dog training? When a breed's popularity increases, it might be more likely to be the first choice among owners with no previous experience with dogs because it's a

breed which they've heard of. Novice owners might not know how to properly socialize a dog.

* What proportion of owners deliberately encourage aggression in their dogs, or keep their dogs in a manner which fosters aggressive traits? This would be a difficult number to discover, because it seems likely that not many owners would readily admit to it. Also even though it may not be intended to train a dog to be aggressive, it is well documented that many dog owners do inadvertently allow a dog to think of itself as dominant.

* What proportion of dogs involved in acts of aggression against humans came from a known mother or father who exhibited such aggression? This can happen in any breed, and responsible breeders would generally not breed such a dog. However, as a breed's popularity increases, people who know nothing about breeding or genetics (or who don't care), might breed dogs who otherwise shouldn't be bred.

* What proportion of that breed in the community exhibits aggression against humans? Most statistics published show only the number of dogs of various breeds involved in attacks, not the percentage of dogs of that breed in the area who were involved in attacks. Any popular breed is more likely to show up with more attacks because there are simply more dogs, just as a less popular breed will show up as having a higher percentage of attacks because there are simply fewer dogs.

The most popular dog breed in America (in 2007) is the Labrador Retriever with 26 victims. The pitbull has claimed 1110.

He is correct in part.

According to NZ Vet Association stats Labradors ARE responsible for the most injuries to people altho I doubt that many of these would constitute 'attacks'.

Australian stats are similar.

They are not responsible for many (if any) fatalities in Australasia to my knowledge.

I'm familiar with this study-it speaks volumes for the American pschye.These stats are not true for Europe.

Your other comments are very valid & well put-it always pisses me off that it is the dog that pays the penalty for what is often an owner issue-PUT THE OWNERS DOWN I SAY !!

Meanwhile,back on topic-that must have hurt(dumb dog!)

That's the fun with statistics - you can spin them how you like. In N.America I would expect pit bulls to be at the top of the list, as they are more common there and particularly stupid people breed particularly aggressive dogs in the US of A. Isn't the American a recognised strain of the Pit Bull now?

But around the world pitties are less popular and banned or muzzled in many countries which reduces their world wide total. Where as other breeds are not recognised as dangerous and not banned and are much more popular, especially Labs and Retrievers.

If you looked at number of attacks as a percentage of the number of dogs, yes pit bulls would be off the chart. All down to how you measure it.

Your other points are very valid, and I agree, put the owner down, with the dog! Nothing annoys me more than seeing bad owners unable to control their dogs.