Sign in to follow this  
grantdavis28

New Member from aux

hey guys i just signed up to bimmersport and its bloody sweet aye.

i drive an e30 318i 1987 4 door manual.

i thought i would just let you guys in on how i got my car. ill keep it short.

i had an 88 year old next door neighbour who drived an 87 e30. i really like her car and wanted to buy it when she stopped driving... so i was a real suck up mowed her lawn and sh*t like dat... then sadly about a year later she had a stroke and went into a retirement home... just before she did she GAVE the car to me... i was over the moon.. bad sadly she passed away two weeks later... RIP Coral Morison.

so a year later i am still driving that e30. i am the second owner. she had it nz new 21 years ago. most amazing thing its only done 82,000km!!! its basiclly my dream car and i have a few plans for it... all ive done so far is new head deck speakers and just to feal the bass a 10" jbl sub.

hope to see you all round!

PS if anyones selling some lowering springs or knows where i can get some i would be very interested! :Dpost-3708-1224621825_thumb.jpgpost-3708-1224622514_thumb.jpgpost-3708-1224623303_thumb.jpg

Mint e30, and very cool story.

If you keep the car mint, and hand it down in years to come it will be one of those mint classics with a great history. Being manual, it will hold its value (even appreciate) if cosseted and well maintained.

Wee tip: Try to use paragraphs, punctuation and Capital letters at the beginning of sentences. It makes your posts heaps easier to read.

Good luck with the car, she's a beauty!

Wow, cool story!! Nice looking car you scored there, bet your glad her family didn’t try and claim it, have seen it happen before.

Wish mine had sub 100,000km

Welcome to Bimmersport.

After that story it would be a shame to change anything on the car, should really try and keep it standard and garaged, might be worth something down the track. If you go changing things it will be worth jack.

What a cool story to go with the car, it reminds me of that movie, dont know what its called but some young fella tunes this ladys piano and she gives him a new Porsche only it has her husbands body in the trunk or something along those lines. haha

Treat the car well, I myself with such a good history and low kms I would be more inclined to keep that baby stock but its your car so go hard, maybe just dont do anything too crazy just stuff you can take out so it can easily be back to stock again.

Welcome by the way :)

If you decide to modify anything, make sure you don't cut into anything and keep all the original parts so you can return it to stock. It will be worth more in years to come if you keep it completely original and mint.

Very jealous of your find... welcome to Bimmersport!

yea for now cus im young im putting some springs in and 17" deep dish. but thats it. it will return to stock in a few years when i get bored lol. im not selling the original parts. still got the stock head unit for when the time comes. if i get a new car i will put it back to stock and keep this one for special purposes only haha but i use it everyday now!!! thanks for the coments!

Please don't ruin it man!

Reminds me of mine - 4 door m10 manual super tidy

Car looks awesome and well done on getting in for free!

I agree with the others though mate. It will be so much better if you keep it stock, it would be a shame to ruin it.

WELCOME!

Welcome dude.

Car looks like an absolute minta!

Ha! I had a neighbour with a MINT RT106 Corona with 47000 k's on the clock and 1 owner nz new etc etc. Sucked up to her like mental aswell but she hasnt died yet. Who knows...

Welcome

Sweet car and cool story man, please dont bastardise this. 6x9's or big mags would ruin it. Keep it pure, dont put anything on that cant come straight back off again.

thanks for all the coments guys. i hoping itl gain value eventually but suck if you ever wanna buy it!

im neva gona sell it!!!!!! :D

ive spent hours on this site today and its great could read for hours! im thinking bout picking up one of the bimmersport stickers just to support the site.. what you guys think white or silver?

bmw3... yea man everything done or ever will be done can be replaced to stock in a mater of seconds all speakers are 5"1/4 amps bolted to sub box its all removable. Ive got all the stock parts sitting in my garage.

its my daily driver so its gota be comfortable and fun to drive!

once i get a second car ill transfer everything over and leave my baby as stock and beautiful as she was when she left the factory.

haha yea i do a bit! lol how ya been what ya doing these days! into e30s i see gota love em

RJS: yeap went there haha!!!!