Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

330ci M-Sport

Just interested to know if anyone is up with the play on the pricing for the 330ci's There's one at Cooke Howlison BMW here in Dunedin which I'm seriously considering purchasing, which ofcourse will mean the black X5 is down the road.

It's a:

- 2001 BMW 330ci M sport

- Full M3 type factory kit (very similar)

- 85km

- 18" factory alloys

- Red!!!

- Rear PDC

- NZ New

It's listed @ $27k which I thought was very very good!

It's an absolute tough looking unit & I'm itching to get it in my garage. I'm going to take it for a test drive on Tuesday & will report here when I do.

They're only 170kw & 300nm from what I've read, but they do 100 in 6.5 seconds & electronically restrained at 155mph (249kph) (about the speed your are issued a parking ticket here in Dunedin if you are 1 minute over) - these are the stats for the normal 330ci, does the M have extra power or?

Watch this space lol!

Edited by X5V8

(249kph) (about the speed your are issued a parking ticket here in Dunedin if you are 1 minute over)\

:lol: So true, I got a $40 fine the other day for parking in a residents only park, outside my house.

Good luck with the car, might have to pop down and have a look one day.

Read the E46 wiki?

330ci had the M54B30 motor

The M-sport does no change to the motor, it is looks (bumpers, side skirts) and handling (suspension) only, maybe some interior pretty-ups too.

Someone ask him why he goes through so many cars. I don't want to seem nosy.

Dam I wished that car sales was open today (labour day)

Just interested to know if anyone is up with the play on the pricing for the 330ci's There's one at Cooke Howlison BMW here in Dunedin which I'm seriously considering purchasing, which ofcourse will mean the black X5 is down the road.

It's a:

- 2001 BMW 330ci M sport

- Full M3 type factory kit (very similar)

- 85km

- 18" factory alloys

- Red!!!

- Rear PDC

- NZ New

It's listed @ $27k which I thought was very very good!

It's an absolute tough looking unit & I'm itching to get it in my garage. I'm going to take it for a test drive on Tuesday & will report here when I do.

They're only 170kw & 300nm from what I've read, but they do 100 in 6.5 seconds & electronically restrained at 155mph (249kph) (about the speed your are issued a parking ticket here in Dunedin if you are 1 minute over) - these are the stats for the normal 330ci, does the M have extra power or?

Watch this space lol!

Sounds like a nice car. I've always been a fan of red 3's. At $27k it is not bad buying, but remembering you could go and buy a comparable import without the kit and a few more k's for under $20k. But at the end of the day, I guess for you it comes down to the change over figure?

Before you run to purchase the 330, I would also check out this cheap cheap Audi in Dunedin.

Yeah I went and seen that on Friday, what a machine!

Uncle is going to the auction & I'm gonna tag along. Should be a very interesting auction, I rekon it will go into the 40's

Manual or auto might make a difference to the price (most imports are auto).

Dam I wished that car sales was open today (labour day)

They are up here, test drove a M3 with what sounded like a boxer or 3 cylinder and was falling apart around me! Has half put me off them :unsure:

As said The m330ci have the same power as a regular 330i buddy, it doesn’t sound like a lot but BMW have a way of making cars go along quite well without big numbers. Just tell all your mates it has more power, they wont know.

They are up here, test drove a M3 with what sounded like a boxer or 3 cylinder and was falling apart around me! Has half put me off them :unsure:

As said The m330ci have the same power as a regular 330i buddy, it doesn’t sound like a lot but BMW have a way of making cars go along quite well without big numbers. Just tell all your mates it has more power, they wont know.

Too right, they will still think it has 250kw when I'm sitting on the limiter at 250kph just out of Twizel.

Oooh exciting!

Is it Imola red? Love that colour.

was that the one in Papatoe?

Sounds like a nice car. I've always been a fan of red 3's. At $27k it is not bad buying, but remembering you could go and buy a comparable import without the kit and a few more k's for under $20k. But at the end of the day, I guess for you it comes down to the change over figure?

Before you run to purchase the 330, I would also check out this cheap cheap Audi in Dunedin.

That Audi went for 34k which is bloody cheap!

Heard thru the grapevine that its an ex repo from Queenstown, all 5 tyres on the car (including the spare) have been shredded to death (burnouts)

Still, a very cheap car!

Watch this space lol!

Only 170 kw....thats enough..even for Omarama...