Sign in to follow this  
petone

Another Camber question

Still not sure what to do about my nasty camber problem, I was going to get a subframe off greame but I have been talking to people and I'm now not sure if that will definatly fix it. I don't want to go to the trouble off getting the thing down from auckland then changing it over and find its still not fixed. So, i'm now thinking of getting some off set trailing arm bushings. Whats your opinon on these, and where the best place to buy them from? I realise that a buying a second hand subframe will be cheaper but i want something that will definatly fix it and i can't be fukd mucking round with it.

Have you actually taken it to a good mechanic for them to look at?

If not, get an expert (a real expert) to have a look at it. This will remove the guesswork, and then you will know for sure what to do to fix the problem, and not potentially waste money.

Cheers

I work part time at a tyre shop and they do suspension and stuff there, they can't see why its so much worse than it should be. A few different people have had a look and no one can figure out why, everything looks fine.

Edited by petone

Guest Andrew

I work part time at a tyre shop and they do suspension and stuff there, they can't see why its so much worse than it should be. A few different people have had a look and no one can figure out why, everything looks fine.

Looking fine is different to being fine - I don't think the trailing arm bushes would help.

i remember a while ago there was talk of some off-set/ecentric(sp?) bolts to fix this.

what happened to this??? glenn, i think was the ring leader for this.

mike i think your wheels are going to fall off.

post-6-1094004865.jpg

try mike walls on 021 107 9225

hes been working on bmw's for 10+ years and just opened a perforance car centre in paraparaumu. i was talking to him the other day about this and he has a fix for it. this guy really knows his stuff and will take the time to talk to you.

good luck

Thanks for that number grant, i think i will give him a call, no-one else has a fix for it. I'm trying to think of what else could be causing it. Its only a 30mm drop in the back and other people who have dropped that much only have about half as much camber. It only looks lower than 30mm cos of the subs in the boot and the smaller tyres i have on there.

that seems about normal for what you got in there...esp if the springs are soft and the shocks are buggered.....if i were you.....replace the subframe and trailing arms......see what it looks like....and then maybe look at shocks....buggering around with fancy stuff wont help if its bent anyway..good luck

Not the shocks, replaced them 2 months ago. And i don't see how both trailing arms can be bent in the exact same way, (not that its impossible, just really wierd). Springs are stiffer as well. Nah i'll just take it to someone who knows bimmers, probly that guy grant suggested.