Sign in to follow this  
GreyE34

Rear Muffler for E30 325i

I need to replace the rear muffler on the E30 convertible. The original from BMW is extremely costly, so I want to look at potential alternatives. I would be happy to look at anything, as long as it sounds and looks more or less the same as the original.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I may be able to get a decent muffler for a decent price.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I need to replace the rear muffler on the E30 convertible. The original from BMW is extremely costly, so I want to look at potential alternatives. I would be happy to look at anything, as long as it sounds and looks more or less the same as the original.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I may be able to get a decent muffler for a decent price.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Give Woolf Mufflers a call (630 0690) they're good on prices, and might have my old muffler still which was in good condition.

Good luck

Andrew

What's a decent price range?

I was quoted over $900 for an original part ex Germany. I was hoping that it is possible to achieve a considerable saving compared to that figure.

I have my factory 325 muffler which is in good condition... what are you preparied to pay? PM me cheers

Any decent exhaust shop would be able to sort you out for around half that (give or take) for an oem-stlye exhaust. A tad more if you want a performance item.

I've got a full system from my 1989 E30 M3 that I was going to throw in the bin.

Just replaced it yesterday with a full stainless steel system less the cats too.