Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simon*

Taranaki racing figure killed in C6 crash

I see speed was a factor in the bmw crash that killed someone last night in Aucks too

The Taranaki racing figure (Murray Gordge) was the driver and survived, the passenger who was killed was a 62 year old guy from Havelock North.

was a brand new C6 corvette from the USA factory, Mr Gordge owns (ed) it. Apparantly none of the airbags went off? Wet, greasy road, big HP and rear wheel drive are obviously not a good mix.

was a brand new C6 corvette from the USA factory, Apparantly none of the airbags went off?

where did you hear that about the air bags?, could possibly have been a fault in the RHD conversion( if it has been converted yet)

Just throwing something into the discussion here.

If that were someone under the age of 25... the media would have already draw its conclusion and dragged it through the shitter by now and for the next 2 weeks. In this article there was not one mention that the guy was just driving too fast. It is also I notice minus a 'set the tone' title.

Probably because its not the Herald or the TV news.

where did you hear that about the air bags?, could possibly have been a fault in the RHD conversion( if it has been converted yet)

I grew up in NP and my mum works in the automotive industry. New Plymouth is quite a small place so, a few calls later, you get quite an interesting story. As always, it could just be Chinese whispers, I guess time will tell.

Edited by zenetti

I grew up in NP and my mum works in the automotive industry. New Plymouth is quite a small place so, a few calls later, you get quite an interesting story. As always, it could just be Chinese whispers, I guess time will tell.

i see... great place to grow up!

yuup time will tell

Its a small world, our household only just got heard of exactly who died, a very good friend of the father in law and an acquaintance of mine who I used to work with.