Sign in to follow this  
bmuu

searching for e30 wheels

hey everyone

where the hell do you get e30 wheels? wheel and tyre shops cant seem to find me any wheels that have e30 specs. ive learnt that e30s are not easy cars to wheel shop 4! any wheel im keen on is always the wrong offset, stud pattern or the wrong size.

if anyone can point me in the right direction to find some wheels or can sell me some wheels i would be very greatful

below is pics of the stlye of wheel im looking for and what they are going on.

thanks

post-3265-1226034407_thumb.jpgpost-3265-1226034280_thumb.jpg

post-3265-1226034487_thumb.jpgpost-3265-1226034562_thumb.jpg

post-3265-1226034607_thumb.jpg

Well your looking for a wheel with 4x100 sud pattern and for a 7" wheel about a 24p offset.

Tried ebay?

forum sponsor on here - mag and tyre could help you with a nice set for 600.

those BBS would be worth as much as your car :P

few options out there, cheapest/easiest is to wait until a set of e30 specific wheels pops up here or on TM, eg BBS RS, (like you posted) schnitzer, hartge, or alpina wheels are all good looking too.

You can import new wheels from overseas, couple of BBS RS reps out there, either Imagines which are 16x7, or theres a company starting to make 16x9 RS reps which will be very cool.

If you want bigger breaks and a huge wheel selection theres a 5 lug conversion, either E30 M3 parts (expensive) or E36/Z3 parts (less expensive)

Or you can get high offset wheels and run spacers or adapters (not strictly legal)

How much do you have to spend? I think you'd be looking at least $800 for the first option unless you went with BMW 15" weaves.

Unfortunately, all the options for bling wheels are expensive unless you're lucky :(

I went for hub adaptors myself, which I thought was the most cost effective - especially when a set of BBS RS's in the right fitment is close to $1000!

An extra plus with adaptors is increased X factor to clear pokey outey brakes.

Guest FrantiC

40p offset fits the rear fine. 5mm spacers in the front.

All the mag shops are probably looking for direct fitment wheels, Fair enough though.

40p offset wheels, Such as my old advanti stalkers do appear to sit furthur in the guards though, But I quite liked them. My new wheels are 20p offset, So they direct fit with no spacers or anything. These were like 1 of 3 different direct fitment mags I could find... Other than looking at the more expensive BBS or Work type rims.

im not that keen on 15in weaves i want something different.

i might look into a different stud conversion since there is a local bmw wrecker. is the 5 series a direct bolt on replacement??

there are some 15x6.5 BBS RG wheels on trademe 38p for $400 that im keen on

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=185531127

budget would be round $1000

i was talking to kane from big value tyres he told me about your e30 frantik wheels look good.

what size wheels are you after? Have you seen our 15" race class wheels? we can definitely do a new set of wheels and tyres for under $1000.

cheers

Johno

i might look into a different stud conversion since there is a local bmw wrecker. is the 5 series a direct bolt on replacement??

Add these http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=185939898. Get hubcentric stuff from Zennetti.

Those RG's are sweet wheels.

Guest FrantiC

budget would be round $1000

i was talking to kane from big value tyres he told me about your e30 frantik wheels look good.

Heh, Guess your from around napz then. Yeah they aren't bad, Im kinda on / off with liking them lol.

Nope. Mike's post gives you all the feasible options.

thats a nice looking wheel zenetti. whats the biggest size rubber you can fir on those?

if your car is on 195/65/14's now, the correct size to go to will be 205/55/15

cheers

Johno

225/50/15 will be same rolling diameter, but will probably be dimishing returns as the rim is not wide enough to utilise all the tread. Not to mention, E30's aren't exactly powerhouses that need big rubber.

I'd go with Zennetti's suggestion.

few options out there, cheapest/easiest is to wait until a set of e30 specific wheels pops up here or on TM, eg BBS RS, (like you posted) schnitzer, hartge, or alpina wheels are all good looking too.

You can import new wheels from overseas, couple of BBS RS reps out there, either Imagines which are 16x7, or theres a company starting to make 16x9 RS reps which will be very cool.

If you want bigger breaks and a huge wheel selection theres a 5 lug conversion, either E30 M3 parts (expensive) or E36/Z3 parts (less expensive)

Or you can get high offset wheels and run spacers or adapters (not strictly legal)

How much do you have to spend? I think you'd be looking at least $800 for the first option unless you went with BMW 15" weaves.

whos making these 16x9 reps?? it there a website or similar to have a look?

ive decided to purchase a set of those 17' alpina replicas zenetti is bringing in