Sign in to follow this  
BreakMyWindow

superchip for the vanos 39 540i

Can anyone here vouch for the claimed power and torque increase? is it worth the $1500 or have BMW already done the best job they could with the 4.4 M62TU?

I asked if they had some dyno graphs for this model installed with a powerchip but they didnt have any available.

Can anyone here vouch for the claimed power and torque increase? is it worth the $1500 or have BMW already done the best job they could with the 4.4 M62TU?

I asked if they had some dyno graphs for this model installed with a powerchip but they didnt have any available.

Don't even waste your time. For the same money you can tune your car real-time (and safely) on a dyno with Gavin Bellars.

Hi Velocity - (09) 4424451. He is an absolute BMW guru and tuning expert.

Superchips have their best results with a turbo diesel engine, which I can certainly recommend.

Perfectly safe as long as you don't thrash your car, which could be said for all your parts.

Not such large gains for petrol cars, I would be more inclined to use the funds for other mods.

Cheers

Moose

Have seen good results (for a N/A motor) on a AMG C36, not a massive power gain but improved throttle response. Try Chiptuning.co.nz also, they are a few hundred cheaper.