Sign in to follow this  
darkwolf

1989 Toyota Celica $500 o.n.o

Due to the new car being purchased my Celica is up for sale.

I bought her from a guy on here with the intention of taking the engine out and putting it in my corona. Unfortunately due to time, money, new job, new location of new job this never happened.

No WOF, REG on hold.

I bought the car at 134,000KMs. When I bought it I replaced the spark plugs, replaced the oil, oil filter, fuel filter and battery.

I have recently ~15,000KMs:

New shocks (KYB)

4x New Tyres 195/55/14 Yokohama C-Drive (Can't remember the exact profile, will double check tonight)

Serviced less than 3,000 KM ago. Oil/filter changed.

New drivers front suspension top hat.

Passenger side steering arm boot.

New Narva bulbs (absolutely fantastic) It's like driving in daylight :)

All that is needed to get a warrant as far as I am aware is:

Remove fog lights or replace the drivers side one.

CV joints are a bit knackered. Was only a warning but they will probably pull these up.

Driver's side park light. I replaced this and then some prick reversed into her. Everything has been repaired apart from the park light.

152,000KMs

3S-GE

5 Speed Manual

Chassis code is ST183-BLMVF

She has a small problem with a hesitation that is caused when she is warm. Still drives fine, just can't give her death or she won't like it.

Car is in Levin area. She is completely driveable just the WOF and REG is an issue.

I have replaced the front drivers panel that had a bend in it when I bought the car also replaced the bumper as it was cracked these can also be taken with the car if you want them for no extra cost. They are in Hamilton though.

I also have the factory airbox and standard air filter. I currently have the pod filter on there as the air intake hose cracked at the throttle body end and was allowing unfiltered air in. So to put the factory box and filter in it would require a new air intake hose.

The 4WS doesn't work. When I say that I mean. It has an error, I can't remember the code but I can get this if you want it. It still turns the rear wheels but they turn with you instead of against you which it is designed to do at speeds over 40KM/H. When I checked the codes it indicated an issue with the position sensor.

Almost replaced all the sound system in the car. Just had trouble finding 8" speakers for the door at a time when I could afford it. I have put Infinity Kappa Series 6.5" Components in the back. Alpine S 6x9" speakers in the parcel tray. These are run from a an amp mounted under the seat, powered by a JVC 805 series (motorized faceplate :) ) head unit. It's an older head unit but it has 3x Pre-outs (F,R,Sub) and I know that the sub out runs at 5V. I think the Front and Rears do but can't be sure. Front speakers are completely disconnected as the foam/rubber surrounds have perished with age and are now a funny dusty crap.

If you like the car can come with the speakers and headunit and subs that I currently have in there. But these are NOT included in the named price. There is an amp and a cap under the passenger seat. I will accept offers on these but I am not keen to see these go.

This has been a fantastic car for me. I deeply love this car and if circumstances were different I wouldn't be doing this. You can even make the seats hug you (the drivers seat has electronically adjustable lumber and shoulders). The steering wheel rises outta the way when you shut her off and take the key out.

Doesn't come with an alarm, the person before me took it out, though I did come up with an interesting use for the siren. I'll show you if you want the car.

I paid $350 for her in December. The $500 asking price is due to the $800+ of new shocks and $800+of new tyres plus the other work that has been done. As I said she needs near nothing to get a WOF I am just not allowed her anymore. Choice was that she goes and my Corona (my first car) goes or my new car does. Don't like to have my hands tied but nevertheless here I am. My loss is your gain.

Pics of her when I first got her. Will take some more photos tonight if I have time. She's the same now as she was then, just I've done things to fix her as mentioned above.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I have aver 300 photos of her. If you want more I've got em.

Edited by DarkWolf

CHEAP CAR!

good luck with the sale. If it was close to home I'd buy it for the paddock track.

CHEAP CAR!

good luck with the sale. If it was close to home I'd buy it for the paddock track.

I will deliver it anywhere between Auckland and Wellington if you pay the asking price.

Though I'd be a bit sad to see her used on a paddock track :(

Brings back memory's. I bought one new in 1987 a Celica GT I paid $62,000 for it :(

should try your luck at 1$ on trademe :) .. friend of mine did this with his rusty van .. sold it for $1100. he was stoked:)

Brings back memory's. I bought one new in 1987 a Celica GT I paid $62,000 for it :(

$500 ono could bring those memories back to life. And your a mechanic so you could finish her off. Be just like new again (except with 152,000KM on the clock) :D

Would but my trademe account is in deficit :unsure: Won't be cleared until next Friday when I'm paid. Hoping she'll be gone by then.

Edited by DarkWolf

$500 ono could bring those memories back to life. And your a mechanic so you could finish her off. Be just like new again (except with 152,000KM on the clock) :D

lol....yeah right...been there....done that :P

BTW...I could lend you my lighter and a litre of gas

SOLD!!!

SOLD!!!

SOLD!!!

SOLD!!!

SOLD!!!

Also...

SOLD!!!