Sign in to follow this  
Zee 316i

New member intro

Hi guys,

Just completed purchase of my first BMW.

Starting at the bottom with a NZ New 316i 1996 Compact. Only a wee thing but so far a nice wee car to drive.

Thought id pop over to this forum when i stumbled over it while doing research on the car before i bought it.

So far i can thank all the members for the info on here alot has already been of use and its been 3 days since i bought it.

O and can anyone tell me what "E" my car is... Im not sure how to find out...

Thanks, Joe

Welcome, nice choice starting at the bottom, just what I did.

What I like to remember is, its not how big it is, it's what you do with it ;)

Welcome to bimmersport Joe, hope you enjoy yourself here.

Your BMW is an E36 model.

First thing any new member here must do is post some pics of your car.

First thing any new member here must do is post some pics of your car and your girl freind

:P

Welcome to the forum Zee

Welcome, you'll learn soo much from the people on this forum, I'm still learning stuff :)

:P

Welcome to the forum Zee

Thanks everyone.

Pics of car will come very soon. Just got one thing to fix and a polish and she will be photo ready. Maybe this weekend.

Girlfriend....ill have to find one. Then the photos can come. :rolleyes:

Welcome to Bimmersport Zee.

Being red had gotta be a go fast bit B)

Yes being red is the go fast bit. The term is just me, new car is the new go fast bit.

Love the wee thing.

The one upgrade im thinking about is some angel eyes. But im not sure if this car will be able to take them.

I really hope so as that would really top this car off for me.

Had a look at the potential to do the DIY angel eye rings that i found the video link for on here. But im pretty sure that there is nowhere inside the headlight that i could mount them without being in direct light from the lights and thus possibly melting.

Tidy wee compact you have mate, dont see many NZ new ones in red with grey bumpers, mind you there is Possibly a reason for that. So I put in my vote to paint the bumpers red also, it will make it faster, trust me!

Welcome aboard

Love the wee thing.

The one upgrade im thinking about is some angel eyes. But im not sure if this car will be able to take them.

I really hope so as that would really top this car off for me.

Had a look at the potential to do the DIY angel eye rings that i found the video link for on here. But im pretty sure that there is nowhere inside the headlight that i could mount them without being in direct light from the lights and thus possibly melting.

Can be done as long as its a Euro headlight. If its NZ new then it will take the rings.

Can be done as long as its a Euro headlight. If its NZ new then it will take the rings.

By take the rings you mean the homemade ones??? Cause yes it is NZ new.

And i would love to paint the bumpers red to match the car. I too think it would look alot nicer. That takes cash tho and beign a student i havnt got alot of spare stuff floating around.

Im going to be a pain and ask one more question Nick....

How can i determine if these headlights are the euro edition? Being an NZ new i really have no idea.

Ive done a decent amount of reading on the angel eyes and still havent determined what i need.