Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

Price of oil

Nymex Crude Future 48.85

Dated Brent Spot 46.11

WTI Cushing Spot 49.95

that's the lowest in a few years hopefully we see it at the pump eventually even tho refining oil has doubled in price :(, but still thats the lowest its been in three and a half years :lol: im guessing if it stays like that in about a week price of 91 will be about $1.37-$1.40ish then with more stability about $1.30 ^_^

Lowest price of petrol in nz is at gull for $1.46 a liter

Edited by Jamez

Which 25% less than what it was at its peak. Based on inflation, etc, we should probably be paying around the $1.30-odd (IMO), so we're not too far off. Still too high right now though, but on the upside, my driving habits have changed slightly and I'm actually spending less on fuel now than a few years ago when it was $1.30 a litre.

probly wont see much of a change considering the nz $ is at its lowest trading point in 5 years at under 53c...so kinda cancels the effect out sadly :(

probly wont see much of a change considering the nz $ is at its lowest trading point in 5 years at under 53c...so kinda cancels the effect out sadly :(

not really gull dropped its price 4c just this morning, then if the economy somehow makes a comeback we will se another 4c or something then if the price dosent go up i guess they will be willing to drop it another 5c it not all dim and bleak ^_^ hopefully :mellow:

Which 25% less than what it was at its peak. Based on inflation, etc, we should probably be paying around the $1.30-odd (IMO), so we're not too far off. Still too high right now though, but on the upside, my driving habits have changed slightly and I'm actually spending less on fuel now than a few years ago when it was $1.30 a litre.

My driving habits have changed (2.0L I4 -> 4.4L V8) so I'm spending way more now than I was back then. But I've noticed a trend.

I was worried about petrol driving my 2L before labour weekend. Petrol Prices were ++

Stopped worrying, bought a 4.4L V8 to enjoy petrol while it was at this price as I thought if it's going up I'll enjoy it now. Petrol prices --

What have i learnt: Baby don't worry, bout a thing, cos every little thing is gonna be alright :P

Edit: Oops grabbed wrong quote :)

Edited by DarkWolf

Its a significant drop from when in July it was $147 a barrel and its the lowest it has been since mid-2005. The significant drop will probably be due to world demand falling- I read that OPEC are looking to reduce output by 1.5m barrels per day.

I'm not complaining, I don't have to pay for food, power etc. only petrol and my demand for it will not be decreasing!

i think since petrol prices have been up my dads used his V12 jag once in the last year haha cause it has the worst fuel millage ever with a factory 13.5mpg and that was new now its 30 years old hahaaha

Well here in the US, petrol is now under US$2 a gallon. My wife filled our 3l Outback up from empty for US$28, and I just filled up my Chevy rental car from 1/8 full for US$18.

When I finally get my CA drivers licence and buy a car for me I am going to buy the biggest thirstiest V8 I can.

Prices are dropping here up to 0.5c a gallon every day. In the month I have been here prices have gone from around US$3.20 a gallon to the US$1.95 I paid just before.

Cheers

Grant

We buy most of our fuel here from refineries in SouthEast Asia. So the US dollar vs ours has no effect on prices. Might go fill up right now :)

and the Americans are still bitchng about the price of oil, 540 down from 160 a fill to 115, significant savings

Paid $1.64 for BP 98 the other day at the Silverdale motorway BP. Was stoked! Thought that was the price for crap car gas. (91)