Sign in to follow this  
Cale

My First Spinout!

hmmm from my experience if you spin an e34 just about everything else will be very easy to spin...my car has rear end grip i still cant beleive after 6 years of ownership(except on wet grass of course).Lsd and 235 tyres might help of course...my first was many moons ago in a lj 2 door torana...crested a rise at night to be confronted with a pair of headlights on my side of the road.A swerve to the left had us in the shoulder gravel,which apparently was a left right left right left righ zig zag i regained control somehow,I dont remember how many times we zigzagged.I thought it was only once but my mates in the car said no way...

hmmm from my experience if you spin an e34 just about everything else will be very easy to spin...my car has rear end grip i still cant beleive after 6 years of ownership(except on wet grass of course).Lsd and 235 tyres might help of course...my first was many moons ago in a lj 2 door torana...crested a rise at night to be confronted with a pair of headlights on my side of the road.A swerve to the left had us in the shoulder gravel,which apparently was a left right left right left righ zig zag i regained control somehow,I dont remember how many times we zigzagged.I thought it was only once but my mates in the car said no way...

Yeah E34 is alot harder to spin than the E30. Only time ive had it slip out is in the wet at a roundabout,was probably going a bit fast and the auto decided to change down while cornering, the back end came out and i did a few zig zigs but managed to re gain control. Am pretty cautious about cornering with autos now, don't really feel in control like a manual.

Had plently of the E30 going sideways in the wet but haven't spun out yet

Edited by Eagle

After looking around my car, I can see I've ripped up a big patch on 3 tyres from skidding sideway (can't understand how that would've shredded the tread) and I broke some of my Mtech 2 front off along with some paint :(

Crack-up to hear everyones stories!

Just north of Taupo,mid winter,tired after return trip to Ak.Completley unexpectedly the arse went out,3 maybe 4 180s ploughed backwards into a bank.Very white faced brother says WTF,opens the door,hops out & falls flat on his bum.Black Ice + 7 day old Cosworth + around 170ks. Dumb?-very,Fun?-sh*t Yes!!!

Most embarrasing.Had an old 911T & 360'd it from a standing start at a major intersection in Brisbane.

Fortunately I'm now much older,smarter & a better driver.

Yep,we've all done it. :lol:

Yeah E34 is alot harder to spin than the E30.

Tell that to Simon.