Sign in to follow this  
mackt

Falken Fk452

Failed the WOF seems like the 540 needs a bit of love new front discs and pads.

But needs 3 new tyres, so might as well do 4.

I'm on Michelin Pilots but think I'll give the Falkens a try.

I've got 275/40/18 on the back and 245/35/18's on the front, the rears hit the wheel arch so think I'll go to 265/35/18's

Ordering them tomorrow, any last minute advice just in case there is a better option...

Thanks in advance

Failed the WOF seems like the 540 needs a bit of love new front discs and pads.

But needs 3 new tyres, so might as well do 4.

I'm on Michelin Pilots but think I'll give the Falkens a try.

I've got 275/40/18 on the back and 245/35/18's on the front, the rears hit the wheel arch so think I'll go to 265/35/18's

Ordering them tomorrow, any last minute advice just in case there is a better option...

Thanks in advance

Mines on Continental 245/40/18's & they're great-tons of grip wet & dry,very little road noise.

Ive got 215/35/18 452's and I think they are great! Good grip in all conditions and not too noisy particularly on low profile 18's. Good value for money tyres. Let me know how you get on with them.

Edited by SIR E30

Im running 235x8.5x35r19 and 265x9.5x30r19 452's Love em to bits. If your getting rub then the 265's should be the go. However falkin tire walls aren't so old man as the Michelins so dont baloon as much.

Ive got FK452 on the touring and they are superb. Had the FK451's on the 740 and never had any trouble with them.

i put 452s(235x45x17) on the front.....they seem absolutely fine.Some people seem to think they arent any good in the wet but i have no complaints...They fixed a heinous shimmy,but i must admit my old fronts were pretty tired,and i hadnt had a balance for a while

I've been told to keep well clear of directionals on my 540i because of the camber and weight. If you want a damn good tyre try the CT01 from Toyo. That'll be my next tyre. I heard this from Ryan at Tony's Tyres in Levin.

The best tyre by far is the new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric - of course you pay a bit more for them as well. The CT-01 has been designed as a 'touring' tyre, it is very quiet but I wouldn't class it as a 'performance' tyre. It all depends on what you want from a tyre.

Yeah I must admit .. I go through a complete set every 1 and a 1/4 years. I do pop around 30000ks per year however. But thats the price you pay for a performance tire.

Thanks for the feedback everyone...

Gonna give the Falkens a go - hopefully will get them on the car next week (have to come down from Auckland).

The car is newly shod, got a drive to Queenstown today, so that should settle them in nicely!

Will report back on impressions of the Falkens

:P personally,i'll stick with supercats.

60,000k's and still going.

loaded the hiace with bout a ton of capsicums in the back.hooked up the trailor and shoved on an e34.

great in the rain that fel soon after.kept my eyes open and the pants clean :lol:

edit spelng

Edited by BM Weapon aka topcat

:P personally,i'll stick with supercats.

60,000k's and still going.

loaded the hiace with bout a ton of capsicums in the back.hooked up the trailor and shoved on an e34.

great in the rain that fel soon after.kept my eyes open and the pants clean :lol:

edit spelng

supercats???

supercat=supercheap

The car is newly shod, got a drive to Queenstown today, so that should settle them in nicely!

Will report back on impressions of the Falkens

Anything to report on these yet? First impressions etc?

Anything to report on these yet? First impressions etc?

Ive had them on my touring for a few weeks now and I cant fault them. Stick like glue in both the wet and the dry.

It was a great day for the drive - torrential rain, sheets of water on the road in the morning for most of the trip.

I had no problems when hitting water on the road steering felt good. And when things dried out tyres nice and quiet.

Felt great when passing, car nice and stable.

Had a great run back over the devils staircase, stuck like sh*t, so overall I think a great swap for the Michellens.

I think I got a good deal $1300 fitted...

Will have to see how they wear.

hehe been saying this for years, Falkin fk-45x series tires are the sh*t as a high performance general road tire.

I have Direzza's on the car at the moment and have very little traction in the wet (even when they still had at least 5mm tread - that's how much was on it when I got the car) ... in fact it's so bad that I prefer to take the girlfriend's base model Pulsar out when it's raining.

So far I'm eyeing up the Falken 452 and the Bridgestone Adrenaline.

how old are the tires ? .. rubber goes off and once it does they are dangerous in the wet .. happens to all tires at some point.

cool I've learnt something new today then :)

not sure how old they are, had the car for 8 months but I haven't put any tyres on it yet

I'd say they'd probably be no older than 2.5 years though

cool I've learnt something new today then :)

not sure how old they are, had the car for 8 months but I haven't put any tyres on it yet

I'd say they'd probably be no older than 2.5 years though

to check the date of manufacture there should be a 4 digit stamp somewhere on the tyre.

eg 1208 - this means the tyre was manufactured in the 12 week of 2008, so 4303 will mean the 43rd week of 2003 etc.

Anything older than 6 years the rubber generally starts to harden and 'go off' and as hybrid suggested loses its grip.

to check the date of manufacture there should be a 4 digit stamp somewhere on the tyre.

eg 1208 - this means the tyre was manufactured in the 12 week of 2008, so 4303 will mean the 43rd week of 2003 etc.

Anything older than 6 years the rubber generally starts to harden and 'go off' and as hybrid suggested loses its grip.

the stamp says 4904 ... so December 2004

could having the car sitting around not being driven cause tyres to "go off"?

it was in the car yard for 5 and a half months before I bought it :)