Sign in to follow this  
m325i

What does this light mean?

The red lisght on the right, what does it mean?

The green one on the left is spotlights....?!??!?!

post-2-1094597636.jpg

Guest Andrew

The red lisght on the right, what does it mean?

The green one on the left is spotlights....?!??!?!

Red light is rear foglights (please don't drive with them on hah)

Green light is front foglights (cool to drive with them on)

Haha, I see you have the white dial backings, nice :thumb: They look even better with the chrome ring surrounds but that's my $0.02

I think you'll find most of the dash lights have fairly discriptive icons on them.

But andy is doublely right, please don't drive with the rears on, you'll get the bash from me if you do!

the light comes on intermittently, lose connection? I thought it was some kind of light demister

Guest Andrew

the light comes on intermittently, lose connection? I thought it was some kind of light demister

perhaps the switches are dodgy - failing that give the dash a good smack - that fixes more e30 electrical probs.

give the dash a good smack - that fixes more e30 electrical probs.

ahh bimmer electrical 101

Do you know where the switch is for it? Its right next to the one for the front fogs, maybe you were tunring it on and off without knowing?

and as nath said, if the it really is electrical problem pull the switch and spray some CRC contact cleaner over all the connections, do relays and all other connections while your at it.

Edited by petone

LOL so why not drive without the rears on? not that i do, koz the dash lite pisses me off, but just curious as to why not.

the switch seems easy to take off, perhaps dirty/ corroded connections? meh not that i should be listened to lol

Guest Andrew

LOL so why not drive without the rears on? not that i do, koz the dash lite pisses me off, but just curious as to why not.

the switch seems easy to take off, perhaps dirty/ corroded connections? meh not that i should be listened to lol

There is nothing worse than an a**hole driving with rear fogs on.. they are as bright as the brake lights and make it really hard to see at night. It seems BMW makes really bright rear fogs.

Hmm... no. Driving with your front fog lights on when there's no fog is naff IMHO. "Look stranger, I've got more lights than you!". No. thumbsdown.gif

finally! someone who agrees with me! although i have been guilty of it

"everybody look at me i drive a bmw"

Guest Andrew

Good call... don't drive with them on unless there's fog... you look ignorant and annoy other drivers. :rambo:

Hmm... no. Driving with your front fog lights on when there's no fog is naff IMHO. "Look stranger, I've got more lights than you!". No. :thumbsdown:

but you can see with the foglights on .. hah seriously doesn't anyone else find it pretty dark with just headlights on?

Good call... don't drive with them on unless there's fog... you look ignorant and annoy other drivers.  :rambo:

Hmm... no.  Driving with your front fog lights on when there's no fog is naff IMHO.  "Look stranger, I've got more lights than you!".  No.  :thumbsdown:

but you can see with the foglights on .. hah seriously doesn't anyone else find it pretty dark with just headlights on?
:thumb: I totally agree Andrew, driving without the foggys on is fairly dark, I find they light up the immediate area extremely well and with the way i've set the left foggy up to point more sideways I can read the letterbox numbers now on a dark street :D

i always thought that light meant "eject u dont know what u r doing" lol

Man i drive with my parks and fogs on during the day, u guys know how many mofos cant see dark cars.... :ph34r: Hutt drivers are the worst in the world bar Auckland of course

I find that the fog lights on my car doesn't actually do much when i turn on the xenon's ... hahah .. so i basically have never used them .. apart from once to try them out .. hahah

Does you guy's fog light automatically turn of after you turn off the car and turn it back on ?

As in if you turn on your fog lights both rear or front and then you turn the car and then turn it back on again the fogs stay off until you turn them on again ...

Does you guy's fog light automatically turn of after you turn off the car and turn it back on ?

As in if you turn on your fog lights both rear or front and then you turn the car and then turn it back on again the fogs stay off until you turn them on again ...

The fog/driving lights only come on when the car is on, ie, key is in the ON position...well that's how the E30's work anyway.

I find that the fog lights on my car doesn't actually do much when i turn on the xenon's ... hahah .. so i basically have never used them .. apart from once to try them out .. hahah

I can't believe you think that forward driving lights don't do much, they make up for the inneficiencies of the headlights and are bloody useful. Good for night driving when you get oncoming traffic and have to use the immediate road markers to see where the bloody road is.

I can't believe you think that forward driving lights don't do much, they make up for the inneficiencies of the headlights and are bloody useful. Good for night driving when you get oncoming traffic and have to use the immediate road markers to see where the bloody road is.

Yes i beleive they don't do much at all .... I can sit in my car and turn on the fog lights and don't even notice that they are on ...

Edit: that is after i turn on the headlights ..

Edited by aliluya

Aliluya on the e39 & e46 you have to turn on the fogs after start up as power down re sets them to off. I cant say that the fogs give me better vision up front but they do light up the sides little more.

During the day obviously they are a hell of a bright compared to the park lights and thats the only reason i put them on. :ph34r: