Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrantiC

M20 Arp Headstuds

I'm looking for some to so if you find some let me know. cheers

Guest FrantiC

I was actually hoping there would be somewhere local, like someone who may know someone that can import them?

If not, then guess I will have to buy from the U.S..

Importing them yourself = way cheaper and youll get it within 1 week instead of NZ's "Oh I can only afford to bring 1 container over every 3 months" syndrome.

Im all for supporting local industry .. but the racing / performance scene for BMWs and euro's in general is 10 years behind the rest of the world. :)

+ the TE guys know what their talking about.

Guest FrantiC

Importing them yourself = way cheaper and youll get it within 1 week instead of NZ's "Oh I can only afford to bring 1 container over every 3 months" syndrome.

Im all for supporting local industry .. but the racing / performance scene for BMWs and euro's in general is 10 years behind the rest of the world. :)

+ the TE guys know what their talking about.

How exactly do you order from them? Do you need to get in contact with them firstly as we are outside the U.S?

Just email them and expect a day or two delay. They (like all ppl that are in business in the states) have excellent service and knowledge around BMWs.

takl to them to make sure you know exactly what your ordering.

once you know whats up, you pay they send.. it hits customs you may or may not get stung for GST (use FedEx for the best chance at that) then you play the donkey f**k game of NZ couriers (which can take longer than the international shipping)

Cheapest place I found when building my SR20 was www.engineparts.net.nz. They are over the shore in Glenfield. Great guys.

BTW no pissing around with overseas crap.

Edited by driftit

you will 99% find they wont have m20 in stock ;) and will just end up going through what I explained above... this happened for my brakes for the e30 .. 7 week wait :rolleyes:

if you do some investigating you might find suitable length thread and torque rating ARP studs that suit a diffierent model or brand.

the v6 nissan im building is full of ARP parts numbers ment for diffierent engines.

you will 99% find they wont have m20 in stock ;) and will just end up going through what I explained above... this happened for my brakes for the e30 .. 7 week wait :rolleyes:

Yes but they get to deal with all the overseas end of things. Buying through engineparts means you also have no risk. I am about to order all my M20 parts from them on Monday. I will post up the prices for you.

Guest FrantiC

Yes but they get to deal with all the overseas end of things. Buying through engineparts means you also have no risk. I am about to order all my M20 parts from them on Monday. I will post up the prices for you.

Are you getting ARP headstuds ? or OEM ? Or something else like Metric Blues?

Hmmm not really an issue these days, They still honor warrenty, they have it now, they are always cheaper because of much larger stock volumes, these are only bolts so dont count but the US always have newer stock / options / models where as NZ/aussie is usually trying to hock off old models.

Just saying buying local its very rare to get anything good from it.

I bring in a lot of stuff for my band and its the same thing there ... NZ just cant compete.

Sorry dont mean to sound like a twat just a lot of people discount overseas buying for archaic reasons.

Guest FrantiC

I wouldn't have a problem buying overseas, I would just prefer local as it saves abit of hassle (maybe I'm just being paranoid).

But if there is no local places that are able to get them then I will buy it from the U.S..

Well Top End performance are the best around for hi-end BMW performace engine parts. feel safe with them if you do decide to use em.

I am getting all ARP gear like I did with my SR20. And I want someone I can talk to face to face if there is any problems which I guess Frantic does too. Where is this Top End Performance? Not heard of them.

www.racetep.com

BMW 2002 owners in the USA have had mixed experiences with them - some love them, some hate them. They are apparently good for "in stock" stuff.

Bought ARP head studs recently from Top End performance in the USA. No problem to deal with, goods arrived 5 days later, would recommend them, also a good source for MLS head gaskets. These guys are v.good on BMW stuff.