Sign in to follow this  
Carl

Fire extinguishers

Hey guys, I have organised a deal for extinguishers from a business in Palmy.

They supply fire extinguishers for your car to suit motorsport specification size/weight and with the dual metal brakets required for motorsport.

The benefits of having a f/x in the car are:

Extinguish nasty fires

Insurance discount (some companies offer 5%)

Smashing windows if you or someone else is trapped

Makes the car look tits

They're offering a deal for BS and BMWCC people whereby you can get a 1.1kg f/x with the metal twin bracket necessary for Intermarque for $49. That's a similar price to ones from supercheap I believe except supercheap quality may be dubious and these extinguishers are certified.

The extinguishers are refillable and Firewise do certified fills and pressure testing. The extinguishers can mount sideways and fit perfectly under the stock seats. I have one in mine and the seat can freely slide over the top of it yet I can easily access it.

Flash them the BMWCC card of just say Carl told you about it.

Firewise

153 walkers road (out near rongotea road, home business)

(06) 3540715

firewise@xtra.co.nz

This outfit has a contract for Manfeild auto course so they're the real deal.

The price is $49 for 1kg f/ex with the twin metal brakets.

This is the size that you MUST have to enter the motorsport Intermarque sprints and it has the twin metal brakets which you must ALSO have to enter motorsport.

Fits so snuggly under the seats :wub:

How big do they have to be for racing, eg intermarque? I may already have one but i'm not sure if its big enough. If it is too small i'll get one.

I want one too - it'l just be a while before I have my car ready to do it!

I am pretty sure that you only need a 1kg one for using your car on the track - thats all you need to compete in the drifting (D1NZ)... Its all you need to get onto manfield now - oh and cotton overalls and a helmet and a membership with a NZ car club (BMWCC is fine)

Guest WAGON

ha ha i just brought one from super cheap $20 doubt it will be very good but its better than nothing

hah .. yeah super cheaps has some twin packs for 49.99 an 1.1kg and a smaller bottle can't remember what the smaller one is ... but i have no idea how dodgy they are either .. haha

I think that on E34's any way the factory location for the first aid kit and the fire extingisher was horizontally across the front of the drivers and or passengers seat.My seat rails have holes in the front already.......I would be keen too

r they refillable?

im sure they would be - most are. If not, its cheap enough to buy a new one ($50 is a cheap insurance when it comes to a car burning - they burn bloody fast!)

Here is a shot of my extinguisher fitted to the drivers seat of the 540

post-13-1096849683.jpg

Look up Firewise in the phone book to be sure but I think it's (06)3540715, i've only emailed them on firewise@xtra.co.nz

just go out and see them matt, they are at 153 walkers road, out near rongotea road, they are always there as the business runs from their home.

Don't forget to tell your insurance company - mine gives a 5% discount if I have a fire extinguisher installed.

Also, I am in the process of negotiating with a workmate in the local fire brigade. he reckons he can get me one at the fire brigade price of about $20 odd. I will find out the details and let you know if they can supply to bimmersport aswell for those of us further north.

Sign in to follow this