Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ari Gold

Air Ride E30

Guest SamSpargo

So, I know there are a couple of bagged wagons rolling (scrapping?) around Auckland, but has anyone actually got the 411 on putting bags on an E30?

Keep the hate out please, as I'm not looking for "3 wheeling is awesome yo!" type answers.

This is a prime example of what I wish to achieve:

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f3/lowrider-...-3-18is-372685/

http://www.lowriderdepot.com/BMW318.html

Who are the best in NZ?

Chris, I imagine you've got some answers for me?

The rear would be easy as hell to do, but the front would require some pretty trick work.

Thoughts?

elite customs.

Done all the work on a few of my mates mini trucks. A+ Fabrication skills, sell quality gear, know their sh*t and prices are pretty good to. If you show them the money they will sort you out well, they don't take a liking to time wasters etc so don't be offended if they are blunt when you ask for a quote.

From memory they quoted me for the E30 6200 for a full 1/2" setup + 1500 for an engine driven compressor, thats drive in drive out all certed and sorted.

P.S front struts not that hard at all. Same principle as coilover kit except the spring perches and springs are replaced with airbags :) I reckon it would be sick with some epic camber tops. max it out for ultra front slammage :P

Edited by ED1RTY

Guest SamSpargo

Yea the idea to to lay frame, not 3 wheel everywhere, hence bags over cylinders.

6200 is about right for what I've researched.

Any idea how much pressure the bags can hold Chris?

Depends what bags you use, if you go truck bags around 140-180 psi but you would need the meke valves and lines also.

Lay frame would = chassis work.

Lots of chassis work.

Guest SamSpargo

homo

Haha. Once fully dialed in, they're as good as coilovers with the added bonus of adjustability. It's kind of win win, dude.

order the kit from australia and get it fitted by a qualified mechanic here. the kit itself is only around the 1600$ mark from memory .

www.probag.co.au from memory or www.airbagit.com

was quoted 1600$nzd for a kit for a 64 impala. not sure what fitting would cost but i think alot could be done your self, wiring and running airlines etc, only welding (if needed) and cert need to be done by a pro. kits are pre-made plug and play generally.

Haha. Once fully dialed in, they're as good as coilovers with the added bonus of adjustability. It's kind of win win, dude.

No sway bars though with a bag set up

Guest SamSpargo

Forgot that everyone was building track cars on this forum.

Sorry for deviating from the standard "needs clears, wheels and a drop" school of thought.

My mate is currently building a bagged tandam trailer for his race ski's so they get a smooth ride on the way to racing.

No need to hate on an idea beacause of a sterotype.

Personally, I appreciate your desire to create something truely unique, I just think from a cost benefit perspective being the economist i am, lol coilovers/uprated suspension would be a better route to take in my opinion.

Best of luck with the project, it is true, nice to see someone step away from the stereotype modifications

Cheers

Forgot that everyone was building track cars on this forum.

Sorry for deviating from the standard "needs clears, wheels and a drop" school of thought.

You're a sensitive wee thing.

I'm still wondering what the secret mission is though.... theres more to this than just bagging a BMW

Come on Sam.... whats up ???

Bags are only cool if you can lay frame at speed and spark down the motorway :ph34r: