Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

Genuine?

I guess it is if the guy is honest.

It was on TM for around $6-700 a while back. It would be a bargain at $310!

I dont understand why you'd want to spend all those hundreds just on a steering wheel..

Doesn't look all that much greater than the standard one either..

It would be a bargain at $310!

Thats still way over priced. Ive seen several sell for $100 over the years. His original price was just a joke.

I dont understand why you'd want to spend all those hundreds just on a steering wheel..

Doesn't look all that much greater than the standard one either..

google purist.

I'm not a purist it's just a waste of money imo,

there's way better looking steering wheels for less than $310.

They are a very sexy wheel and IMO are the best wheel for a F/L E30.

Aftermarket are around the $300 mark and often a too small for a E30 meaning they impair the view of the speedo and make it lumbersome to steer with the E30’s steering ratio not to mention looking out of place on an older car.

Not much better looking… maybe it’s in the eye of the beholder but I think the Tech-II looks a lot better than the Tech-I, SE and stock wheel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I replaced my stock one with an SE because its my favorite of the lot, mainly because of the centre horn, on my stock steering wheel, in the heat of the moment I would get overwhelmed by the choice of 4 horn buttons and by the time I got my bearings straight all the tooting time had long passed and gone so the effect was some random guy tooting in an e30 apparently at nothing haha.

Edited by QuickSilver

...heat of the moment I would get overwhelmed by the choice of 4 horn buttons and by the time I got my bearings straight all the tooting time had long passed and gone so the effect was some random guy tooting in an e30 apparently at nothing haha.

Haha :lol:

My kind parents think a mtech2 sw would be a nice christmas present, and so do I!!! Ultimately id get a z3 manual steering rack conversion too, as im not a fan of power steering esp in the e30.

they are quite nice to drive with, they won't change your life or world too much though...mines a bit tatty and they look pretty average unless they are mint (which they don't stay that way)

better buy would be a small momo?

Guest SamSpargo

My kind parents think a mtech2 sw would be a nice christmas present, and so do I!!! Ultimately id get a z3 manual steering rack conversion too, as im not a fan of power steering esp in the e30.

Where you getting the conversion done? Never seen it done on a RHD car here. Main problem is fabbing PS lines...

Where you getting the conversion done? Never seen it done on a RHD car here. Main problem is fabbing PS lines...

Haven't looked into it that seriously yet. Have heard good things about it, so im keeping my eyes open. Might just convert to manual rack to tide me over for the time being though.

better buy would be a small momo?

Im looking to complete the mtech2 look so atm buying an aftermarket wheel would defeat that purpose.

Guest FrantiC

Posted Image

Is this a Tech-I wheel?

How much are they worth, If anything? Cos thats what my e30 has. I thought it was stock lol.

yes its a tech 1 wheel but you are missing the small M badge on the bottom of it. the badges can be bought off ebay for around $10 shipped.

I sold one of those wheels for $130 two years ago but ive seen them on tm for around $30 no reserve

Edited by M 325i

Is this a Tech-I wheel?

How much are they worth, If anything? Cos thats what my e30 has. I thought it was stock lol.

Lots of the S/A Assembled cars do.

Got a one for $70, cleaned up with shoe nugget and made a new badge out of sign writing vinyl. Just like new.

yes its a tech 1 wheel but you are missing the small M badge on the bottom of it. the badges can be bought off ebay for around $10 shipped.

I 'think' you can get them from the dealers for under $20. Its the three stripes that sit in the little groove at the bottom of the center spoke.