Sign in to follow this  
325jones

bit of help gettin lots of road noise,

currently running 225 40 18 Wanli S-1088

had them on for bout a year but noticed im getting a very load wring noise at low speed like 10-50kph, 90% of the time on most road surfaces

put on my old factory rims and it went away,

bent rim???

could it be the wheel balance? sounds like its only cumming from the left front side (could be wrong) (wheel bearing is sweet)

any ideas???

headin away for xmas and want to try and fix it before then hope i dont need new tyres

post-2512-1228877433_thumb.jpg

It will absolutely, definitely, 100% be the Wanli's. They are terrible for road noise!! It sounds as though they have scalloped which will cause the noise.

We were the agents for then up until about 2 years ago. We gave the agency away because the tyres must be one of the noisiest around and they have massive problems with sidewalls cracking.

The only way to fix it is with new tyres. Don't put a budget tyre (ie Chinese) tyre on a European car. It is best to spend an extra bit of money and get something liek our Nexen's which are absolutely superb value for money. There are a few people here using them and so far all have given positive response about them. They are very quiet, have great levels of grip and wear well. The biggest plus is that you can get them for a very good price through your friendly Bimmersport sponsor ;) (PM me for a deal through our chch branch)

Edited by zenetti

what price u able to do 4 two tyres? just a good cheap one??

no such thing as a good cheap tyre :P

you can have a cheap tyre but it won't be good or you can have a good tyre that won't be cheap. You have a PM.

Go for the Nexens. I've just put 4 on and I am really pleased with the result thanks to Johno

tyres are the most important part of your car...it's worth it

BMWs, dont like worn or cheap tyres.....period.I had some pretty worn tyres(rainmasters I think) on the front of my 535 and i had a really bad shimmy(which came out of no where),tramlining, and noise.New fronts fixed the problem instantly

too many on here want the massive mags but can't afford decent rubber - i cringe when they're wanting secondhand tyres for their 18's & 19s!