Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

HPC Coating

Dropped off some bits to get coated today for the race series car. Did read on their website that there can be performance increases from coatings on the exhaust manifold and exhaust. Not really concerned on the series car as I doubt it would make any difference with such low power. My stuff is more cosmetics.

Has anyone had experiance with this?

Same theory as the heat wrapping on the headers and exhaust, keeps the gases hotter creating better scavenging on the exhaust stroke, only a real small improvement in practice. Especially when it's a cast iron manifold, take forever to warm up and cool down!

Does make it look much better, I finally managed to wrap my heat wrap in shiny metal tape for the last sprints at Manfield, and the exhaust gases are now so hot that I have managed to melt the rubber strip in the rear bumper!!

Not sure it gives much more power and makes me go any faster though...

I see. So I guess this would work really well on a stainless manifold. Might look into it if I have to pull off my turbo on the 180sx.

Didn't think there would be any difference on the E30 though. Also have some heat wrap for the front part of the exhaust. Prob helps with the drivers floor heating up and melting your shoe. My Jandle started getting sticky the other day!

LOL - I don't think they'll let you race in Jandals!!

But yes, the wrap should keep it a bit cooler, still gets damn hot in the cabin though. I have got some aly treadplates above the floors mounted on spacers, so I am not directly on the floor pans, this helps keep your feet a bit cooler.

Yeah will make up some of them too. As it is very slippery when wet. Just about lost my balls when i slipped and landed on the edge of the race seat. Really have to stop wearing jandles. They also get stuck between the peddle and the rolecage.

Get my manifold back this week so will post up some pics. Hope it lasts longer than the 20 odd mins the "1200deg" Exhaust paint did. What a joke.