Sign in to follow this  
MadMurry

Parking lots and people who can't drive!

Grrrr...

Parked at Bayfair (Tauranga) today after I took sister and bro in law for a drive in the car. Got my license sorted while there and returned back to my car about 30 minutes later... to find a huge 35cm paint scratch on the back corner of my car. That after changing ownership just yesterday...

Spoke to security who has kept in touch and will let me know tomorrow morning if they have further details on the vehicle that did it. Not exactly sure what I'm going to do if they manage to get the other vehicles number plate.

I managed to get all the white paint off but the damage is still noticeable. Bit of my car paint and bumper plastic came off .. Spoke to insurance already and did some calculations on no claims..and it's not worth it to have it fixed. Which brings me onto the next...

If they do find the number plate, what are my options?

Thanks

post-3853-1229153762_thumb.jpg

Gutted for you, especially on your second day of ownership.

Take a baseball bat and a few friends to his house?

Sorry to hear that mate.

Your best bet if you can get the guys details would be small claims court. Or just threaten them with it.

If they're reasonable they should try and sort something out. If not, as Cale said.

I was under the impression that if it's his fault (and he has insurance) then it will affect HIS no claims bonus, not yours?

Good Luck trying to find the person who did it and even if you do find them good luck trying to proove they did it and getting them to pay!

It Sux big time! Its happend to me a number of times. Paint scrapes, pushed in bumpers, smashed tail lights....the list goes on.

If its a absolute must and I have to take my car to the supermarket or mall I park as far away from the door as possible. Today, everyone is too fat and lazy to walk that far that I never have any problems.

or

I take to Mrs Corolla :)

Good Luck trying to find the person who did it and even if you do find them good luck trying to proove they did it and getting them to pay!

Well, if security can tell him the number plate of the car that they've got a video of crashing into his, I think thats going to be proof enough. Buying a VIR will give the owners name, then have a look in the phone book. Or even go to a post shop and request the plate details.

if you have the reg number, go to post shop, pay $2.20 to find out the owners name.

From there, look up the phone directory.

Most people simply have no respect for others property :angry:

Can call the cops I guess? This is technically hit-and-run.

If the security gave you the details, disputes tribunal (or commonly "small claims court") would be your best bet. Have a few quotes from your favourite panel beaters ready and file them with the complains at the tribunal.

whether you catch them or not the important thing here is that some noob drove into a parked car. How the hell do these people get a license.

This country needs to toughen up it's licensing and a strict driver education program should be compulsory before you sit your license.

oh but wait .... it's easier to just keep reducing the speed limit and put more traffic police on the road. f**king typical!

rant over

an old post I made ..... it never fails me.

I have something called "preventative parking" basically it intails me finding the widest / away from everyone else park I can find including at least the first 'click' in the doors hinge distance for me and / or the person parking next to me.

I also analyse the surroundings including: pubs entrances / retards / kids on skate boards (because kids these days just cant skate the way we use too ;) ) / old people / people movers / commercail vehicles.

first rule I go for is not to park in a touch park situation.

you know what .. in the nearly 3 years ive had my new paint job .. not once have I had a problem. Including small dents.