Sign in to follow this  
Carl

BP's On Gas

Has anyone else who's filled their bbq bottle with BP's On Gas lately experienced poor bbq performance?

My smaller boat BBQ has been playing up for awhile, always fill the bottle at BP. Dunno if we get any flash flavour of gas though. I an thinking of replacing the regulator as I thought that was the problem. Regular bbq appears to be fine though - just the the wee 2 burner on the boat not as ferocious as it used to be.

The old boy says he is having similar problems with the bbq on his boat - yellow flame and more affected by wind.

Edited by bravo

Hmmm I think we are also having a similar problem. Thought I was just imagining things. I don't usually fill up at BP but did this time around. Takes a heap longer to warm up and the heat is all in the middle now. Newish BBQ too. Thought it might be just that we didn't use it all winter.

That's exactly the problem i've had.

Brand new bbq and bottle, freshly filled at BP, flames out if more than 2 elements are turned on, otherwise pissy flame. Tried neighbours 2 bottles, both on gas, same problem so we used his 2 bbq's, same problem. So 3 bbq's anmd 3 bottles no good no matter what config, poor flame and flame outs.

So we grab a bottle from a friend who know's it was filled with rockgas from shell and all 3 bbq's work fine off it.

Time to complain?

Edited by ЯЭMMIЯ

So after a quick chat it was confirmed to me that Rockgas is a higher quality LPG and I was then pointed to the actual outlet and told to fill up there as it's cheaper, faster, and more reliable than servos. Closest one to me is across from Mitre 10 Mega in Petone.