Sign in to follow this  
joshnz

1996 740i for sale

Is this Penry's old car? Lovely piece of machinery...he still misses it :)

Rides alot nicer on smaller wheels, the condition of the M-pars were shocking, I ended up giving them away, wasn't worth forking out for new tires on stuffed wheels.

Rides alot nicer on smaller wheels, the condition of the M-pars were shocking, I ended up giving them away, wasn't worth forking out for new tires on stuffed wheels.

Hmmmm, two small bits of lacquer peeling and two small scratches on one of the rears is enough to be called 'shocking'. Shame you gave them away, I had two people willing to pay over a grand for them at one point even knowing they were replicas.

18' staggered wheels with motorsport suspension....it couldnt get much better than that for a 7. I wonder what my Alpinas would look like on it.

Shame its been smashed up so much in the last year though.

M-pars weren't worth that much mate and you know it, they needed a full repaint and clear coat (or something along those lines - I'm not that up with what gets done to wheels).

You can buy it back and try your Alpina's on it - for a fair market price.

Wasn't smashed up by me, it was vandalized by some scum. But had alot of money spent to make it look mint - and it does. Shame you like to slander it, your a mod, you should set an example.

Shame you like to slander it, your a mod, you should set an example.

Thats a bit fcuking rich coming from you. You've done nothing but openly abuse me since the day you bought it, making all sorts of claims and Ive said nothing.

Ive lost count of how many times you have tried to sell it with comments about the previous owner (being me) and how I spared no expense in maintenance? I believe you called me a 'BMW enthusiast' in one of your auctions. Not exactly the attitude you have towards me on here is it?

How many people have now posted on your threads telling you how beautiful it was when I owned it? Yet you still talk about it being a complete dog?

You've made no secret of the damage thats been done to it over the last 12 months and thats all I was referring to in my last post. Your auction states $2k of panel and paint work....its not going to be $2k to cover a minor scratch now is it?

Anyway, good luck with the sale Josh, I genuinely hope you get to sell it to someone who will take good care of it. As Paul said, Ive regretted selling that car every day since you bought it with my only consolation being the vast amount of money you put into my account without even so much as a phone call to me.

Maybe thats why you're so bitter about it, now you realise just how hard they are to sell.

You've made no secret of the damage thats been done to it over the last 12 months and thats all I was referring to in my last post. Your auction states $2k of panel and paint work....its not going to be $2k to cover a minor scratch now is it?

Maybe thats why you're so bitter about it, now you realise just how hard they are to sell.

$2000 covered the panel and paint work, the scratches were down to bare metal running the length of both sides of the car, it wasn't a quick or easy job.

I'm not bitter, just surprised you lied to me about alot of things with the car, you have a split personality thing going on I think, but thats ok, I'll leave it how it is. What goes around comes around :)

I'm not bitter, just surprised you lied to me about alot of things with the car, you have a split personality thing going on I think, but thats ok, I'll leave it how it is. What goes around comes around :)

Let me remind you Josh of how the deal went.

I said my car was for sale, you asked me how much I wanted for the car with the m-pars. I replied and you made an offer which I accepted.

I then gave you my phone number and said call me, up until then all your contact had been via PM on here and I wanted to know you were genuine. You chose not to, you instead asked for my account details and address and whether you could collect the car the next day. I again asked you to call me and you again chose not to.

The money cleared and you drove the car away without asking a single question. In fact I dont think you said much more than 'wow' and 'awesome man' the whole time you were here. Your tongue was on the floor the whole time and your friends where pretty much the same.

So where exactly did I lie to you? I asked you twice to call me to discuss the deal, you chose not to on both occasions. You offered me more money than I asked for and then gave me even more to take the original wheels as aswell. I made no secret of the fact that the m-pars where replicas but you didnt care.

So other than me giving you the keys we didnt speak at all. Thats was your choice and not mine and I say again.....when could I have lied to you?

Sounds like both parties were and are blinded by the beauty of a big bmw at some point..

It would probably be respectful of both to use the PM function next time to sort stuff out like this.

Not on a F/S thread of the said car.

personally i think joshnz asked for this. and can understand penry's fustration.

joshnz publicly makes claims about pervious owner (who we very well know was penry) so penry should be able to publicly refute them..

you didnt exactly buy the car sight unseen josh!

presently the car does look nice tho...

goodluck with sale...........

F**k me, you must have a stack of pics saved for times like these Peter, we love you.

Take it easy guys haha.

Back on topic...

Josh, have you had any interest or offers on the car?

I ask as a good friend of mine has been trying to sell a nice mid 90's Benz S500 at what I beleive to be a bargain price, but has had no interest at all. I also recently looked at a Range Rover 4.6HSE which was very nice and well priced, I was probably the only person to have viewed it as the seller would have done just about anything to sell it to me.

I thought the decrease in petrol prices would have increased demand for these type of cars, but maybe people are still scared.

Your 7 looks like a nice car though, hope you can find a buyer soon.