Sign in to follow this  
User Name

Timing on m30b35 -then i can go for a drive

Hi All

as ongoing problems go i think i have finally sussed it out, in passing i managed to start my car twice in a row

awsome :lol::lol::lol:

but now i have worked it out its not firing all the cylinders right as the car runs rough and you can basically take the last cylinder off and it runs the same

lots of smoke coming out, the ecu i was given with the car was i 535ia and the engine was out of a 7 series, would this affect the timing or do i need to do something like slightly move the crank sensor

Please help me as if i get the timing right might actually be able to drive the car without destroying it

Cheers

body e28 - ecu and loom out of e32 well besides ecu i was given hope thats not the prob

Cheers

All good but does anyone know how to check the timing on it, cause i dont think my last cylinder isnt working properly

lolz

Cheers

All good but does anyone know how to check the timing on it, cause i dont think my last cylinder isnt working properly

lolz

That would have nothing to do with timing if the other 5 are working

Compression

Valve clearances

Distributor cap

Spark plug leads

Resistor cap on lead

Dud injector

No pulse to that injector

Edited by *Glenn*

Compression - was fine last time i checked can check this w.e

Valve clearances - havnt being checked,

Distributor cap - old so might get it replaced, but am going to indivigual igition coils shortly

Spark plug leads - ill try another set i have

Resistor cap on lead - will check this w.e

Dud injector - will check this w.e - as have spares

No pulse to that injector - can hear it click

And thanks gives me something to do beside pull two engines out and change clutches for my sis cause i blew one trying to put the bimmer back in the garage last w.e with a flat as compressor was broken

Cheers

all

wish we had somewhere in welly that would actually look at my car and listen when i told them what ive checked

Cheers

What colour is the smoke black or blue/white?

Is it excess fuel or oil?

If its fuel, have you got a dodgy cold start valve, which is flooding, or have you made a mistake with one of the sensors, which is effectively telling the car to continuely fire the cold start,or constantly stay in the cold running mode?

page european in wellington or hutt city european in the hutt may be able to help.

dodgy cold start valve ?

eh...whats this?Doesnt the ecu just tell the injectors to stay open longer when the engine is cold???ie rich mixture

eh...whats this?Doesnt the ecu just tell the injectors to stay open longer when the engine is cold???ie rich mixture

In the older motors there is a seperate injector (big bugger) that fires an initial dose of gas to fire the car. I'm not to sure if the E34/E32 still uses this sort of setup.

In the older motors there is a seperate injector (big bugger) that fires an initial dose of gas to fire the car. I'm not to sure if the E34/E32 still uses this sort of setup.

thats right and no they later stuff doesn't use that . double check the mian ecu temp sensor is all good ,

Kym, check the HT leads, I've had some problems with mine, hard to start and missing, fitted a new set and fine.