Sign in to follow this  
camera doctor

Bit of a laugh for a Friday

Well he may have been a bit optimistic but if we had continued at the same level of progress of the 1960 - 1980 period, it is reasonable to expect that we could have been living on the moon. Perhaps if the Americans had discovered oil on the moon when they were up there??? The biggest problem for space travel it would seem is that we have not progressed beyond fossil fuel based propulsion. Until we do, we should be content with good old planet Earth.

Edited by ducatiss

You only need fossil fuel to get out of the earths atmosphere. Once your out there any type of propulsion can be used .... even compressed air

You only need fossil fuel to get out of the earths atmosphere. Once your out there any type of propulsion can be used .... even compressed air

Compressed air is the one item that you wouldn't want to use up in outer space.

I think we had better find another source of propulsion.

Mujibar was trying to get a job in India

The Personnel Manager said, 'Mujibar, you have passed all the tests, except one. Unless you pass it, you cannot qualify for this job.'

Mujibar said, 'I am ready.'

The manager said, 'Make a sentence using the words Yellow, Pink andGreen.'

Mujibar thought for a few minutes and said, 'Mister manager, I am ready'

The manager said, 'Go ahead...'

Mujibar said, 'The telephone goes green, green, and I pink it up, and say,'Yellow' , this is Mujibar.'

Mujibar now works at a call center.

No doubt you have spoken to him. I know I have.

post-1129-1231453248_thumb.jpg

Compressed air is the one item that you wouldn't want to use up in outer space.

I think we had better find another source of propulsion.

lmao!

What have they been doing? Sending astronauts to 'build' a space station that was a great idea. They can not even hold on to their tools.

You would need a lot of compressed air to reach anywhere near the speed you would need to go to make space travel worthwhile....perhaps this may be good way for the Greens to contribute something worthwhile to the environment!

Edited by ducatiss

Guest Simon*

Well he may have been a bit optimistic but if we had continued at the same level of progress of the 1960 - 1980 period, it is reasonable to expect that we could have been living on the moon. Perhaps if the Americans had discovered oil on the moon when they were up there??? The biggest problem for space travel it would seem is that we have not progressed beyond fossil fuel based propulsion. Until we do, we should be content with good old planet Earth.

Haha you people still actually believe the yanks went to the moon :D

All done in a sound stage in Arizona

There is no atmosphere or gravity.. it takes "F" all to get motion. You only need mini jets to control direction. You could actually use underarm spray to manuvoure a reasonably big object

Haha you people still actually believe the yanks went to the moon :D

All done in a sound stage in Arizona

I have read & watched this subject.. I would personally have to agree...wind ??? shadows in 3 directions ???

US Astraunouts = "P" junkies in Arizona

Edited by *Glenn*

Watched an episode of mythbusters the other night, explains all of the above. should check it out

A mate told me that there were some ppl that didn't believe that man went to the moon - I thought he was having me on...

Thats all bullshit... Ive got 8 days off next month... I'm going.. :D

There is no atmosphere or gravity.. it takes "F" all to get motion.

i wonder how that flag started "waving in the wind" then ^_^

The flag was suspended on an aluminum pole with another aluminum rod through the top to keep the flag up. When the pole was banged into the ground, it began to vibrate, and although that vibration was minimal, when you extend that to the end of the rod along the top it becomes quite a movement. Therefore causing the flag 'flutter in the wind'.

Well so they say.

E: and with a by near frictionless atmosphere, it would wave for alot longer than it would here. The astronauts at the time were more likely amused by this, rather than thinking everyone would doubt there travels on it. Thats if they went :lol:

Edited by antony

Have a good trip and mind you don't fly into all the bull sh*t floating around lol!

Cheers Allan.

Mujibar was trying to get a job in India

The Personnel Manager said, 'Mujibar, you have passed all the tests, except one. Unless you pass it, you cannot qualify for this job.'

Mujibar said, 'I am ready.'

The manager said, 'Make a sentence using the words Yellow, Pink andGreen.'

Mujibar thought for a few minutes and said, 'Mister manager, I am ready'

The manager said, 'Go ahead...'

Mujibar said, 'The telephone goes green, green, and I pink it up, and say,'Yellow' , this is Mujibar.'

Mujibar now works at a call center.

No doubt you have spoken to him. I know I have.

Haha get these guys calling up from ISPs all the time, love to have them on, thinking I'm interested then crush them like a bug. They are so fricken useless. If you ask them a question that differs from the generic "how much per month" they still give you the same generic answer of "but our internet is better.

And yeah, i saw that conspiracy theory movie on the moon landing... was totally convinced until i saw that mythbusters episode. I am now 100% sure the moon landing happened.

hope this makes sense.... 8 beers later

Edited by kingkarl