Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Is this quote any good.

I am looking at having a set of new tyres put on which i am going to have to do for my next warrent. I went into tony's tyres and after alot of talking got a quote of $220 each for 225/50x16 Direzza's.

Does this seem a resonable amount for this type of tyre ??

Why don't you just pm Jono (zenetti), forum sponsor and he might be able to do a better deal than that.

Ah nice will do that.

$220 each is very cheap if it includes fitting and balancing. Dunlop put up their prices as of January 1st and I would say the guys at Tony's got them in stock before the price rise. I hate to say it but I would snap them up at the price if it is Direzza's you want. I can price up some alternatives if you like.

Edited by zenetti

Interesting. I got 2 x 17" Direzzas fitted, ballanced and alligned for $400. Looks like I got a ripper of a deal :P

That's a bloody good price for direzzas i would have thought.

Its a good time to be buying things right now. I cant believe the price of some things, way cheap!

Purely dangerous tires in the wet those Direzzas. And sidewall rubber full of air bubbles. Good tires in the dry on a summers day with a bit of heat in them though.

there are definitely some deals to be had out there as (like us) a lot of tyre shops bought stock before the price rise. However the deals won't last so if anybody needs tyres out there I would be lookinga t replacing sooner than later.

Purely dangerous tires in the wet those Direzzas. And sidewall rubber full of air bubbles. Good tires in the dry on a summers day with a bit of heat in them though.

What a load of Crap! Thats just about the dumbest thing ive heard in a long long time. Mind you I think the last time I heard something that absurd it came out of your mouth as well! Dangerous in the wet.....pfffft