Sign in to follow this  
Creaver

e34 540i anti roll bars

Hey,

Just after some information.

I'm looking at upgrading all the worn rubber suspension components on my 540i to nolathane etc.

My question is, what is the standard size of my front and rear sway bars? Realoem says front 23mm and rear 15mm...unfortunately I don't have a vernier calliper to check.

Cheers,

Ian.

some also have 18mm and 25mm i think is mtec spec .

bring it around some time can check . also see what i have .

are you going to puke this friday?

some also have 18mm and 25mm i think is mtec spec .

bring it around some time can check . also see what i have .

are you going to puke this friday?

Want to sort these bushes out first, I will be buying them next week, and hope to have them done a few weeks after that. I have a terrible shimmy that makes it very unsettled (hoping it's the control arm bushes).

Might be able to bring it around this weekend if you're free (and provided I havn't started pulling bits off by then).

Want to sort these bushes out first, I will be buying them next week, and hope to have them done a few weeks after that. I have a terrible shimmy that makes it very unsettled (hoping it's the control arm bushes).

Might be able to bring it around this weekend if you're free (and provided I havn't started pulling bits off by then).

maybe get an alignment and or at least wheel balance checked.....e 34 very sensitive to wheel balance.I had a very vwery bad shimmy,and it was wheel balance.How worn are the front tyres?.

i would be checking the track rod (ball joints)and tierod ends for play , also the idler arm bush . and firstly the thrust arm bushes

are you buying from powerflex? I might be keen on a group buy if the price is right.

All the rubber needs redoing, so I figured why not? It had an alignment about 4months ago, balancing i'm unsure, as I bought the wheels with these tyres.

Yea Ollie, getting powerflex bushes. I've spoken to the NZ distributor and have gotten them priced up.

PFF5-601 - Front Lower Tie Bar To Chassis Bush - x2 $66.00 each + GST = $148.50

**** (for alloy arms) PFF5-620 (530/540) - Front Inner TCA Bush - x2 $66.00 each + GST = $148.50

PFF5-310-23 - Front Anti Roll Bar Mounting 23mm - x2 $42.75 each + GST = $96.19

PFR5-507 - Rear Beam Mount Bush - x2 $79.05 each + GST = $177.86

PFR5-504-15 - Rear Roll Bar Mounting Bush 15mm - x2 $42.75 + GST = $96.19

Plus courier costs.

Please allow 10-14 days for delivery.

Payment required at time of ordering-please.

http://www.dynamicraceparts.com/

UPDATE:

I started taking the car to bits so couldn't bring it round Brent.

A cheap $4 vernier calliper confirmed front 23mm rear 15mm anti-roll bars. Will order the bushes this week.

(does anyone know where to get new control/thrust arms apart from BMW? or another way of replacing the balljoints?)

Cheers,

Ian.