Sign in to follow this  
joshaucks

bmw chips

Guest Andrew

where can i get them from? ive got a 95 318is wondering if there is any for my ride ?

cheers for your help :D

Not that they will make too much diff - even so try Gavin Bellars at Bellars MotorWorks just off the northern motorway at constellation drive. I think he has finished his programming course and can re-map stock chips.

I chipped my old Mazda GTX. Obviously you're gonna get more out of a turbo, but it was a massive difference, which led to broken gearbox and 2 clutches. ;)

Id love to feel what diff it makes in an NA.

Guest Andrew

Look up Powerchip from Oz. Should get another 15kW for $1000

Nothing like that kind of bang for buck hah.. I think 15 kW for 1000 bucks sums it up nicely.

Nothing like that kind of bang for buck hah.. I think 15 kW for 1000 bucks sums it up nicely.

Is that sarcasim or not ??

I chipped my old Mazda GTX. Obviously you're gonna get more out of a turbo, but it was a massive difference, which led to broken gearbox and 2 clutches. ;)

Id love to feel what diff it makes in an NA.

but having said that, what GTX hasnt done about 3 gearboxes and 5 clutches in their time? As soon as they get lowered the CVs get pushed into the gearbox further than they should be and that causes added strain on the gearbox. Shortened CVs are the way to solve that problem.

In an N/A I dont think it would make a hugely noticeable difference... Your probably better off doing a whole aftermarket computer and getting it dyno tuned.

I hear link computers are pretty cheap, but then i also hear that its like car audio - you get what you pay for... from what I understand, Haltech make good computers (along with apexi and the like - but im not sure they make them for euros) - try advanced imports or beyond perfomance or somthing similar up in auckland, but im not too sure how well they cater to Euros - it would be interesting to find out...

maybe a whole computer replacement. like blair said. but go the whole hog.

motec, link plus, Hawk???

i was reading the post on the BEN site and they said along the lines if you want crack the E30 engine code be my guest, but you will be betteroff doing something else.

Guest Andrew

I hear link computers are pretty cheap, but then i also hear that its like car audio - you get what you pay for... from what I understand, Haltech make good computers (along with apexi and the like - but im not sure they make them for euros)

I'd have to disagree - sure a Motec computer may be able to do some more things than the Link can - but it doesn't make any difference when you don't need half the features. A programmable chip is only as good as its tuner - which is true for all of them. The link and microtech ECUs are easily best value for money and can yeild some sweet results.