Sign in to follow this  
Mark

E28 Brake problems - HELP!

The E28 had been in at Kevin Burt BMW and Mercedes for the best part of 4 weeks (!!!) and I just picked it up on Friday. One of the problems I asked them to fix was that the Left front brake caliper was seizing on the disc.

Intitially they replaced the brake hoses thinking it could have been a blockage causing brake fluid to build up and force the caliper closed. This didn't fix the problem. They then "traced" the problem to a faulty ABS unit. This was replaced but to no avail. After driving the car for even short distances the brakes heat up and smell rancid. In fact now it is both front brakes that are acting up not just the left one as previously.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on? I don't want to keep throwing money at the car for no result.

Cheers!

check the servo brake system sounds like its sleigghtly on . or amybe brakes linkages not set up correctly and brakes are on a little .

also if your calipers are faulty just replace them with the bigger e34 540i e32 740i set up .

easy bolt on upgrade .

have all the parts if needed

Sounds to the calipers need replacing. Try to get hold of Graeme Clyde (formerly German Auto Components). Although he has retired now he should be able to point you into the right direction to get good service and have problem identified before spending your buckaroos.

(03) 377 9619