Sign in to follow this  
BLACK DORIS

How's your german or Afrikaans?

Hey, have been trying to get the colour code for my car as I'd like to get a few things touched up etc. SA '87 325iA...

Bought the car about a month ago, the sticker that did live on the suspension strut thing containing all the colour info etc had come off while previous owner had had it. Car dealership that originally imported car had no info, neither did the painter/panel beater that the previous owner had used for stone chips etc. Tried a automotive paint shop and 3 bmw books later - still no match.

Went into shelly bmw today and after a few searches they finally found the car (although it's still not entirely accurate) but the colour is listed as:

NICHT VORHANDEN (*)

??? no code though!!! Anyone else have this colour bmr? I spotted another exact colour/era e30 in welly about two weeks ago -( thought someone had stolen mine!!) Hoping they mite be a member here and can help me find the code!

Here's what the colour looks like...(sorry for the tm pics. lol)

Cheers, Rio

Is the colour solid or metallic?

I've got a list of the names and codes, I'll try find it for you.

Also the last 7 digits of your chassis number would be handy.

Edited by Nick021

[edit] my bad, Nick has already done the translation :(

The SA rarely (if ever) come up in the dealers computers, but there should be something on the car to describe it. Have you got the VIN and checked that online, or have you tried removing the rear seat to see if the original delivery document is still under there ?

Edited by Penry

hey nick, penry, thanks for the translation - Classic that translation is 'unavailable'. Lol.

Colour is metalic.

Ok according to the sheet that shellys printed off, the last 7 vin digits are;

0920386, this number is the same as numbers stamped into the body under front windscreen with the addition of TB -0, then the rest of serial= TB00920386.

The vin/chassis numbers on plates rivited to engine bay come up with incorrect information i.e. 4 cylinder 316 or 2 door coupe or colour listed as a metalic grey of some sort (first shellys search) etc.

The stamped serial is still not entirely correct (info about car) but is the closest.

Thanks again for the help.

p.s. will check under rear seat in the morning and let you know.

Edited by BLACK DORIS

the colour is often on a label by the front shock tower,but that can obviously go missing(if it was even there in the first place!)

Cheers all. Just pulled up rear seat and no delivery documents... Exposed metal under seat lining stuff is the same colour as the rest of car, so its gotta be listed somewhere...

Some great colours in the link rimmer posted. Will do a search later for the link you put in bravo.

thanks again

Rio

Edited by BLACK DORIS

Going by the pics on e30 tech its Mineral Blue # 231

Pretty sure that is the same color car, not the same plate but that is a NZ car in Newtown, Wellington off e30tech.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

post-3292-1233691115_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brams

Pretty sure that is the same color car, not the same plate but that is a NZ car in Newtown, Wellington off e30tech.

Yep, i though it may have been a match until I remembered I've seen this e30 (well fairly sure its this one) around newtown and it's more a green colour. If you look closely at the pic you can see a greenish look to the paint. Looks very green in person...

Pics I have posted aren't the best at representing my cars colour either but its closer to the blue in 'edit', 'reply', 'quote' areas at the corner of thread posts - depending on the angle your looking at the screen! ohh and metalic.

I'll try posting another pic today.

Cheers.

Edited by BLACK DORIS

Yea na its definitely not mineral blau, that has more green to it, almost like a turquois (spelling). I've seen that car around a lot and its a cool color I rekon.

Thats my car. It looks to be a different colour though.

My car looks a bit different now with basketweaves and europlates

Edited by deane30

Yea na its definitely not mineral blau, that has more green to it, almost like a turquois (spelling). I've seen that car around a lot and its a cool color I rekon.

Thanks tastic, it is a cool colour.

I haven't seen any others around in mineralblue but I'm sure they are somewhere

Thanks tastic, it is a cool colour.

I haven't seen any others around in mineralblue but I'm sure they are somewhere

haha, classic. Max, have you emptied your inbox!

Cars def tidy deane! Have spotted several times on my way home to the bay...

On topic, still to find colour code for mine. :unsure:

haha, classic. Max, have you emptied your inbox!

Cars def tidy deane! Have spotted several times on my way home to the bay...

On topic, still to find colour code for mine. :unsure:

Yep its emptyish now :)