Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

Concours d'Elegance

This sunday, anyone going?

Sticking the Cossie in with Ford RS owners club.

Hope to see some familiar faces there!!

Mean, I'll be there saturday before I flyout.

Saturday is for club members who are displaying only , viewing for the general public is on Sunday the 8th i think.

had the VW on show there last year. was a good day.

did anyone see the old school nissan fairlady, with the supercharger running of a shaft?

it was a wicked bit of work.

I'll see you there in a couple of hours Chris, hopefully I can drag Josh along with his camera.

Does anyone know what cars the BMW club will have on display?

Some nice cars there today, best car had to be the 57 300sl, loved the Exige and DBS also.

Wicked day! Think the heat got to my engine though... something not right now :( off to the mechanic

Seems the VASK boys missed most of the real cars on display :P Gay Golfs.

A few should have looked at the meaning of Concourse, there was some serious crap there! A lot of cars were far from original and clean, also was amazed at some of the mediocre models on display, run of the mill Volvo’s, VW’s, Peugeots not to mention the run of the mill English rubbish like Austin’s etc..

^

I totally agree mate.

I was quite disappointed with a majority of cars on display this year. Maybe next year we can have a Toyota Starlet display to compliment the other sh*t that was on show

One man's sh*t is another man's treasure. Different people appreciate different things in a car.

The true context of a Concourse as you have so rightly pointed out is to be original (as car left the factory) and well presented (clean & shined), the car doesn't have to be exotic, exclusive or rare to qualify.

In a concourse there is no reason why a run-of-the mill Austing shouldn't be entered, and beat, any Porsche, BMW, Ferrari, Aston or whatever.

From a spectators point of view then obviously you would prefer to be looking at the other cars...

Fav cars in order.

1. 1957 Mercedes Benz 300SL Roadster.

2. Porsche Carrera GT (OMG!)

3. BMW 635i with e34 M5 running gear.

Where was the Careera GT?? Don’t tell me there were cars in the building, I spent three hours looking at what I thought was everything :unsure: