Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

Cheap E36 M3

Some new headlights and you'll be away laughing.

Hell yes. Coupe. Sunroof. $15500 reserve

Seems too good to be true

Hell yes. Coupe. Sunroof. $15500 reserve

Seems too good to be true

I could swear when I saw that yesterday it was no reserve (also says so in the auction blurb) - I now see it is $13.5k, within 15% of the reserve.

Oh well - it seems the reserve is still $15.5k.

You are right Mr CamB. Hence why i didn't post it. Was going to borrow money off daddy and win it for 13.5. Bugger. Extra 2k means ill need a mechanical check to justify it now

You are right Mr CamB. Hence why i didn't post it. Was going to borrow money off daddy and win it for 13.5. Bugger. Extra 2k means ill need a mechanical check to justify it now

See how the auction pans out, if all goes well it won't sell and you will be in a position to flick him an offer :).

13ish cold hard cash may be hard to refuse.

no such thing as a cheap M car IMHO.....

You are 100% right, you get what you pay for unless you are very lucky. I only noticed this auction when I searched under "competition" cars and hence why I figured someone might come away with a steal however it seems people have tagged onto it and it may well reach the expected market price.

From the sounds of it I would get it checked out regardless of price as it has no documented service history and does not seem to be NZ new... :huh:

Edited by crazyarab

Guest Spottswoode

No vaders implies a SA import, and iirc, they got a slightly detuned motor to compensate for shite fuel?

That is correct, although I didn't realise they didn't get the vaders.

4 doors didn't get the Vaders either, for what it is worth (about $0.02 is the going rate).

13ish cold hard cash may be hard to refuse.

Remember $13k would buy you the nicest E36 328i in NZ. $13k could also get you a E46 328ci. I wouldn't rush into a cheap M3 without a full inspection. The kms are getting high too...

I only noticed this auction when I searched under "competition" cars and hence why I figured someone might come away with a steal however it seems people have tagged onto it and it may well reach the expected market price.

I figure it is listed there to save TradMe fees. Seems a bit silly if it is an auction (less exposure).

Its a trade in at Magnum prestige on st asaph st. heaps of stone chips but i think someone could get it for under $10k and thats a steal.

4 doors didn't get the Vaders either, for what it is worth (about $0.02 is the going rate).

See I don't understand BMW's vision here...

Imo Vader seats are what make the E36 M3 as it's really the only thing that really screams out "This is not a standard 3 series".

Not sure why the 4 doors and coupes never got that option... so so sexy!

Guest bimabro

no such thing as a cheap M car IMHO.....

+1, I'd rather have the perfect 328i and do a few mods, or pay 20k n get a good example m3, because by the end of your first year owning it you would have spent that much on it. People think maintenance costs would be similar to any other e36- but more like twice the price, let alone the fact it's done over 200k, no service history and with those headlights you wonder what the dimwit drives it like, atleast he hasn't got the matching crhomes...

+1, I'd rather have the perfect 328i and do a few mods, or pay 20k n get a good example m3, because by the end of your first year owning it you would have spent that much on it. People think maintenance costs would be similar to any other e36- but more like twice the price, let alone the fact it's done over 200k, no service history and with those headlights you wonder what the dimwit drives it like, atleast he hasn't got the matching crhomes...

+11111

fair comment.

Guest Simon*

Ha! Ye of little faith ;)

If I could get that thing for somewhere between 6 and 9 grand (and if I had the $$$) I would soooooo buy it!

Guest Spottswoode

It appears to have done 155,000K in eight years... Rep mobile?

It appears to have done 155,000K in eight years... Rep mobile?

i do around 22,000 a year and i'm not a mobile rep, lol... and i live in DUNEDIN!

looked at this today, He didn't seem to interested to try get the service history of the previous owner (previous owner used to own a sheep station in the mackenzie country or something, he now lives in queenstown so alot of open road k's id imagine) just told us he's a mechanic by trade and it drove round the block fine for him so that was enough in his eyes :rolleyes: so good on him i supose, other like some service history, cash price on the window is $14000

anyway from what i saw,

1) Its missing the "mesh" on the front bumper below the number plate,

2) The paints bubbling on the drivers side pillar,

3) Needs new back shocks soon according to him,

4) The tool kit has about 3 tools left,

5) The spare mag is different to the rest of the car (dunno if thats the norm with M3's...didnt seem right to me tho),

6) The mags are curbed,

7) WoF expired last month

8) The airbox mount has been repaired with glue and mesh type kit u get from supercheap auto (could be small i know but could be a previous wee ding?)

9) Those chrome lights look bloody awful in person aswell LOL

Anyway thought i'd list that incase someone here is seriously looking, you could always do ownership form at the post shop and get previous owners details to track service history (or ask the seller/dealer nicely) or just use the number plates its had on it and ring round service places as they usually have no problem saying if theyve serviced it and what they have done

Edit: also started fine, didnt hiss or squeel or have a fit, and there were no leak puddles underneath it

Edited by HT.