Sign in to follow this  
BM WORLD

any one want to go? or have planned to go to

Wish I'd known about this sooner Brent, I'd really like to have a go at this in the little girls car. Whens the next one ??

Wish I'd known about this sooner Brent, I'd really like to have a go at this in the little girls car. Whens the next one ??

sorry about that . wan't sure we were goingtill teh last miniute . see if you can come out even if its only for half the day or at the end of the day .

they are pretty relaxed there , you might be able to get in cheap or free . or at least get a ride in a very scrary silver e28.

bring your helmet .

cheers .

time table in link below.

http://www.countiesracing.co.nz/motor-racing/13/

The test days are usually every other week Glenn.

The test days are usually every other week Glenn.

Can you take your own road car on the track...or just race cars ??

Anything you like mate. Up to you to make sure it is safe though. Your pretty much only need a helmet and away you go. Very laxed as Brent said.

Brent - once my car is up and running (tomorrow if all goes as planned), i'd be keen to go to one funds dependant.

had good time . after a few laps i noticed a bit of noise when braking hard at the end of the backstraight . (must check those brake pads) after a couple of sessions , thought i might swap the front and rear wheels around to save the front left tyre a bit , took the wheels off ,no brake pads left in the front . so a quick trip back home to papakura swap the pads out for some others i laying around , and while i am doing this i get a text fornt my mate back at the track saying better bring a tow rope saying car went pop after 7000rpm .

so anyway i head back drive around the track pick him up at the end of the back straight to w the car back to the pits . we do a few tests , figuire its just the fuel pump , tow him back ot drury , swap out the pump . still no go then discover no spark at the plug leads , but had spark at the coil lead (tested back at the tarck) pull the dizzy cap off found the rotor cap in bits ,swapped that out and a way it goes again .

then off to the "2 fat cows " for drinks and food.

managed a few good laps ,

but the brakes wern't so good this time around .

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Brent - once my car is up and running (tomorrow if all goes as planned), i'd be keen to go to one funds dependant.

ok , will try next time to give a bit more notice.

cheers

ok , will try next time to give a bit more notice.

cheers

cool, sounds like you had a great day :)

Nice, e28s look awesome, whos is the red one?

Nice, e28s look awesome, whos is the red one?

a freind of mine . ian .

he has had the car since about 2002 , its done just clicked over 300,000km (just a baby)

has uprated bilsteins , hankook 16" 225 semi slicks for the track (first day to try them out).

normal road tyres are 17" dunlops.

286cam . rebuilt engine a few years ago .

3.73lsd . 540i front brakes.

mint interior , engine bay, loads of new bits over the years .

we have similer spec cars except mine has done 507,000km and has m5 engine now .

540i front and rear brakes . bilsteins , h&r springs, loads of new bits over the years.

3.73lsd 16 " 225 GIII's .

looking at some sway bars soon , and uprating the bilsteins soon .

also try and sort the ride height out too . (too low at the front)