Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

I've gone limp

Na not realy :P ..My Nissan Xtrail has though. First time I have ever had one of my own cars break down. I've never even had a flat tyre...never. Coming home early yesterday afternoon, I was driving on Mill road doing 80kph, i know I was doing 80 because the road sign said so, cars in front, truck behind me, put my foot down going up a hill, nuthin :o , dash lights up with every light under the sun, car dies, I throw it into nuetral, start it, back in gear, the friggen engine check light comes on and I'm in friggen limp mode. Decided to head to Manukau Nissan in Papakura as work was further away and I wasnt sure if my Bosch scanner would help me because I dont have a Nissan lead... Nissan's never break down...yeah right. I'm thinking on the way there... because I know what its like.... customers coming in at the end of the day expecting a miracle cure on the spot. I walk into their new facility and instantly recognise a few old faces, let the receptionist know who I was and asked if someone could have a look, pleasant guy scans the truck... CPS.... bugger, Nissans do that too ... next minute a very good freind, Gary who used to be service manager at Autohaus Auckland shows his mug... we end up talking for ages.... great service here from everyone... however, after punching in the numbers the spare parts guy starts TBA, TBA, I'm thinking... what the hell and realise TBA= To be advised... no parts in NZ. You'd think I was driving a BMW or Audi. No Parts in NZ ??? Anyway parts on order...new CPS & camshaft sensor as well...apparently Nissans do this too. After a very pleasant 3/4hr being a customer on the other side of a reception desk I give my thanks and head off home...100 yrds down the road....get me limp back...... got home ok.

Now I know what the experience feels like....being a customer with a problem. Have to drive my little girls car now till the parts arrive. Touch wood, it better not let me down as well... no it wont.... its a BMW :D

Had Nissan's for just over 10 years now. And I don't think I have ever been able to show up and get a part off the shelf from them. Even some of the most simple common parts. It is also cheaper and far quicker to purchase genuine parts through the states for most performance Nissan's.

But the certainly do break occasionally.

Oh bugger, our X-Trail hasn't seen a service in a while :ph34r: Better get it done.

What is CPS btw?

edit: Just read again, I'm guessing Cam Position Sensor?

Edited by JiB

Oh bugger, our X-Trail hasn't seen a service in a while :ph34r: Better get it done.

What is CPS btw?

edit: Just read again, I'm guessing Cam Position Sensor?

Crankshaft position sensor

I had a similar prob with the E39, sensor was dodgy, had to drive the car home, went limp in the middle of traffic! I was so lucky that the dude directly behind me turned out to be a BMW mechanic in his van who then towed me to his garage to fix it!

You can have my car for a few days Glenn… :D

You can have my car for a few days Glenn… :D

Yeah right... a bicycle would be a better option till yours is fixed...my little girls car will be fine and a bit more fun

Sheesh, Was only offering <_< …… in attempt to avoided getting up early on Monday to drop it in :lol:

By Girls car im assuming you mean the slush box 328Ti, don’t have to much fun :ph34r:

Sheesh, Was only offering <_< …… in attempt to avoided getting up early on Monday to drop it in :lol:

By Girls car im assuming you mean the slush box 328Ti, don’t have to much fun :ph34r:

Manual select.... thankyou :P