Sign in to follow this  
BLACK DORIS

Advice on covers...

Hey have been doin a bit of online searching for car covers but would like to get some feedback from people who have actually used/own them. I've seen ones described as having 3 layers, breathable etc etc.

Looking for something waterproof and def robust - i'm in wellington :ph34r:

Place we moved into back in nov was originally having an extra room and garage built but there was a prob with consent etc so never went ahead. Gutted!

got to get something before weather goes really shyt.

cheers.

I got one of the ones from Repco - the pricier ones that are yellow, and very soft perforated material.

These have to be one of the best - if your car is clean (ie no dirt to scratch the paint) it will not mark your car, it is water resistant (Rain will sheet off, but some moisture does make its way in, but it's breathable so drys fast. Some of the more "Water proof" ones trap condensation underneath so the car is ALWAYS damp. The breathable ones dont stop 100% of the water, but keep most of it out, prevent water spots, and the car will dry out fast when the rain stops.

Although I discovered the neighbours cat likes to use it as a scratching post. A few squirts of the hose and leaving the dog off the leash have stopped this, but not before the car cover and car sustained some minor damage.

Edited by bravo

I have the same as Bravo I think, sort of a beige colour, soft, perforated. Very good, but be aware that it will blow off in a good wind. I secured mine with a stretched bungee cord, which is not ideal if it's a daily.

in welly i think a car cover is asking for paint damage...just keep your car clean and waxed,forget about car covers

Cheers for the advice, will go and check that cover out.

True, welly winds and winter will be a crazy test. Dont feel comfortable letting the elements totally hammer the car with just a wax coating to protect it. Rather chance a bit of superficial marking to fix up in summer... if i ever get the colour code for it!! Did i also mention we're about 3 hundred meters up from lyall bay beach. :wacko:

Had entertained the idea of getting a carport type tent/marque and dynabolting it into the driveway!!! :ph34r: