Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simon*

NZ "extreme fisherman" on Letterman

Not personally. But yeah, he's from Takou Bay. Know of him, and knew he was going to be on letterman. Will watch the clip in a minute, but the word on the street is he's got a deal for a tv show.

the word on the street is he's got a deal for a tv show.

He already has a TV show on here in NZ, The ITM Fishing Show, pretty sure thats been going for a year or two now.

Getting a deal in The US would be a pretty big deal

His names Matt Watson. He is an absolute legend. Started working on prime time as a deckie then ultimate lady. He's got his own tv show "ITM fishing show". Just published a book as well. Awesome read.

Have a look at some of his video's on youtube or google his website. Guys Tagged a marlin on a jetski.

Legend

I'm a bit into fishing :D

I friend of mine was telling me about a guy who got in a 12 foot dingy with a motor, went 70kms off shore on the west coast near the trawlers, and hooked a 200kg or something Tuna with a hand line. Was it this guy? cbf'd googling on this slow PC

I friend of mine was telling me about a guy who got in a 12 foot dingy with a motor, went 70kms off shore on the west coast near the trawlers, and hooked a 200kg or something Tuna with a hand line. Was it this guy? cbf'd googling on this slow PC

Yup same guy