Sign in to follow this  
aliluya

Modification

I must admit that i dont think that ive seen any engine moded compacts before except ACS gears.... The air intake looks pretty effective,it all comes down to using the standard airbox or not...in my option stay with the standard box and get a panel filter.

Im guessing up rated extractors arent going to make much diff without a performance exhaust and possibly better induction.. But really is it going to be worth it for a such a small power out put.... i think not!

p.s. your bro might be interested in this for a read.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=176943

Ah the mighty exaust question...well if it was a bigger engine i would hightly recomend an Active Autowerks exaust..ooohhh so good.

with all the Remus exausts ive heard they have a rice humm to them...not overly loud on tangy...the only proble ive heard about them is theyre prone to rust round the welds..and ive seen it too..but pretty minor stuff really.

As for everything you get..do the big research...especially with ECU upgrades and extractors..if you buy crap(or stuff not made directly for your type of engine etc) you can stuff up the car performance easy

with the ECU..i thought later BMW's didnt have chips(that you could upgrade)

you had to get the whole ECU remapped....someone correct me..

remember BMW put alot of $$ into making a top quality car..dont mess it up if your not sure of what your doing/buying

remember BMW put alot of $$ into making a top quality car..dont mess it up if your not sure of what your doing/buying

Exactly ... which is why i'm asking you people that's loaded with info before i just go ahead and do something stupid .. or waste my money ....

ACS is going to cost me $2800 for exhaust which i wasnt really expecting..... import charges sux... cant justify 3K for a pipe so am now looking for more of a local importer. :wacko:

Sebring is the manufacture of ACS exhaust and they have a dealer in OZ so am going to hit these guys up for prices.

Next on the price hit list will be Remus.

Im going to have a look and see if there is a Eisenmann dealer around these parts as well.

Ill also see if there is an form of discount for maybe two i.e compact and myself.

:ph34r:

You referring to me as the compact ? lol... Ali and Ali is looking for the same thing practically .. lol ..

Edited by aliluya

Ummm maybe :unsure: sorry how does this sound.

"Ill also see if there is an form of discount for maybe two i.e compact and 318 saloon."

or

"Ill also see if there is an form of discount for maybe two i.e aliluya and myself."

or my personal fav

"read between the lines" :rolleyes::)

Ok my research department has come up with the following info <_<

Remus and Sebring are one in the same, Remus just being the exporting arm of the company.... if life isnt confusing enough.

These systems are the what ACS use before adding their three expensive letters, so in short Remus/Sebring are the manufactures of ACS exhausts.

Retro the NZ dealer for Remus has local dealers around the country side that can sell their systems and according to them there should be no price difference between dealing with your local or direct with them. I didnt click to ask what ur local might be, sorry my bad.

Remus:

I did get a price for a 2004 318 compact but i now see that i think youve got a 316 :wacko: anyway its a 92 - 78mm single oval @ 1180 + gst.

I was wondering why they only had the oval as you had pointed out that you wanted the single square ish (316). It might be a $100 cheaper for that one i guess.

If they dont have one in stock its about 6-8 weeks from Europe.

For twin 76mm on the saloon its 1100 + gst.

Retro said there wasnt the margin for discount for two systems.

Sebring:

Has a dealer in Sydney and they can do the same twin 76mm for $990AU with around $200AU shipping.

Pricing is around the same excluding the shipping so im heading down the Remus path with a local supplier.

Hope this is of some help. :ph34r:

Wow you've done plenty of research .. lol .. Great help too ...

I've just ordered some random stuff from bimmian, some interior xenon's solris indicator bulbs and a shark fin, lol ..

Next thing i'm going to buy from them is the generic black licence plate, does anyone know if that is legal in New Zealand? They are going to do $85USD for a pair for me.

Let just say knowledge is power...i want to rule the world :P

Im guessing youve already got a euro plate, isnt that what those black ones are??

Good question about the colour best bet would be to have a look on the LTSA website as im not to sure myself, back in the day we had black ones.

They would look pretty fine on a show car...

Shark fine NO WAY :wacko: ok no comment lol

Thats a pretty cool site, let me know how those clear go, need to get some myself :)

Damn, if you wanted some i could have ordered it with my stuff, maybe i should have asked if anyone wanted to order other stuff too .. lol .. too late now.

Shark fin's wat wrong with them ? lol ... i just like then ok .. hahahha

I found out today that the Genreic Black Euro plates are ILLEGAL here, anyone that has black plates will be ask to be changed to white in the future. Something about the lack of reflectiveness in the black ones, from speed camera's.

Yeah i have Euro plates, but the pure black one with white writing just looks so much better .. lol ...

Yo oh nothing about the fin each to there own ...

I could well have been tempted to add to your order but no big deal, ive been meaning to get some silver bulbs for ages but kinda waiting to make a larger order than just a couple of bulbs ahah.

Still black plate is something ill keep in mind for future plans :ph34r:

LOL ... i wouldn't mind black plates either .. but .. i drive it everyday .. and i don't want to get pulled over about them so yeah .....

Yeah it's not worth just getting a tiny order .... cause of the friehgt ..

I'm keen to get a euro plate surround - BMW Autohaus Munchen. If you do end up making an order, could you let me know. Cheers :)

You've got to get these!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very very lush

I agree, they really look smart, very tidy - you get an A for presentation with those

You cant go wrong with a Remus system mate. A friend of mine fitted one to his B11 Alpina in England and apart from the noise sounding absolutely gorgeous the increase in power was very noticable.

Top quality kit and very sought after amongst the E32 boys in England.

Is that teddy guy from ssdd in new zealand ?

how can i contact him? I see a few products on that page that i could be interested..

aliluya,

Teddy's one of the UK boys and is a sponser of the EvoTechnik Crew.

http://sankeys.demon.co.uk

SSDD Motorsport Contact details.

http://www.ssdd-motorsport.com/contact.php...392e937f041dd14

If you thinking about getting something from him let me know i might be able to get a discount, also i could well be keen to add to the order.

Another thing which i see Teddy's put live to the world are the exhaust tips maybe something to think about??

Have a great weekend.

:ph34r:

Some of the lights from bimmian are here .. and i like ...

Edit: btw that is the reverse light not the indicators ... just incase anyone is wondering ..

post-2-1099655352.jpg

Edited by aliluya