Sign in to follow this  
simke

Work related rant

For your amusement... this is the sort of cr*p that I have to deal with on daily basis. Those of you in IT industry can probably relate to this :)

Client:

We are sponsoring Wind Up your Wife on The Rock this year – have you ever heard it? Its on Wednesdays and is really funny. Anyway if we wanted to play them through our XYZ website what would be the best way of doing this? We would only need 10 available at a time.

Project Manager:

Need a solution for this - + quote

Me:

Need a bit more details... have no idea what they want.

PM:

Ok I will go back

I mean WTF? Does this look like a "requirement" that I'm supposed to do something with? The joys of IT...

I got it...

I should explain what I got.

Im assuming they want links to replays of each episode of "wind up your wife" ? And because its an ongoing thing, 10 episode links at a time would be enough

Thats what I understand..

Now if you want a rant.. Some people need motherf**king listen skills

start >> run

"now type in CMD, charlie mike delta"

"ok... CND"

"no, no M. M for mike"

"windows cannot find CND"

"i said CMD, can you please type CMD. C for Charlie, M for Mike, D for Delta"

"yes that's what i typed"

"CMD is an abbreviation of command.. so M for mike, matthew, millions of mighty mice"

"aaaaahhh. Mike.. not NIKE"

"yes"

So we made it to the CMD prompt window

"type ipconfig"

"I....T..."

"no, no. P for Papa"

"ok I.. T..."

"Ok no. I for India, P for Papa or Peter or Pumpkin. C for charlie. O for oscar. N for November. F for Foxtrot. I for India. G for Golf"

"ipconfig"

"yes"

"nothing happens it just goes back to the same line i was typing on"

"i.p.c.o.n.f.i.g?"

"yeah i.p.c.o.n.s.i.g"

"omgffswtfiswrongwithyou"

gggggrrrr

Edited by Pjay

I got it...

I should explain what I got.

Im assuming they want links to replays of each episode of "wind up your wife" ? And because its an ongoing thing, 10 episode links at a time would be enough

Thats what I understand..

Now if you want a rant.. Some people need motherf**king listen skills

start >> run

"now type in CMD, charlie mike delta"

"ok... CND"

"no, no M. M for mike"

"windows cannot find CND"

"i said CMD, can you please type CMD. C for Charlie, M for Mike, D for Delta"

"yes that's what i typed"

"CMD is an abbreviation of command.. so M for mike, matthew, millions of mighty mice"

"aaaaahhh. Mike.. not NIKE"

"yes"

So we made it to the CMD prompt window

"type ipconfig"

"I....T..."

"no, no. P for Papa"

"ok I.. T..."

"Ok no. I for India, P for Papa or Peter or Pumpkin. C for charlie. O for oscar. N for November. F for Foxtrot. I for India. G for Golf"

"ipconfig"

"yes"

"nothing happens it just goes back to the same line i was typing on"

"i.p.c.o.n.f.i.g?"

"yeah i.p.c.o.n.s.i.g"

"omgffswtfiswrongwithyou"

gggggrrrr

I take it you are in a support center... feel sory for you :) And yes I assumed the same thing, but you know what they say about assumption... And if I assume wrong, it will come back to me to re-do it (in general).

Yah. Im in Telecom CTS. Final level of support for all Telecom products, but every day we have to redo level 1 support because so many reps skip steps and miss simple fixes..

Its frustrating at times, but I learn something new every day. I like it :)

when i was on telecom i found the call center was so useless UNTIL one day i managed to get threw to a manager and he gave me his number ect ect that was good until he quit :( so i went to xnet :)

lololol

i find with computer stuff its just so much easyier to be there, over the phone is just too hard, I look after all the pc's for hampton downs and the old folks there are always finding ways to make something fail. Best story was when Jamie Kett gives me a call saying his sounds not working. I drive a 20 min to find out the cable wasn't plugged in, even tho he rekoned it was in :(

I use to work for the Microsoft Call Center. Support and in charge of MSDN (developers network).

Working there for two years aged me by 4 years. Didn't help that I was there when MS decided they would release that awesome platform of theirs called Microsoft Millennium Edition. That product nearly made me go postal.

Not Always Right

This site will make you feel better about your job.

LOL some funny ones on there.

Customer: “You’re scary.â€

Me: “I’m sorry?â€

Customer: “You’re scary. Your face is scary.â€

Me: “I’m sorry, I can’t change how my face looks.â€

Customer: “You need to. You work in a store. You need to be less scary. Change your face.â€

Me: “…again, I’m sorry my face scares you. Have a good day.â€

As an Ex IT support technician, I can honestly say that IT is one industry where the customer is NOT always right! I especially loved those customers who blame you for causing an unrelated issue. EG

Me: Hi - how can I help?

Cust: Its about that new monitor.

Me: yes, how are you enjoying it?

Cust: Well you deleted some of my work files so I'm not happy.

Me: All I did was plug your new monitor in and start your computer to make sure it was working, I didnt touch your files.

Cust: Well they were there before

Me: Have you tried doing a search for them, theres a handy windows tool called.....

Cust: (interrupting)Well Im not paying the bill

Me: Thats fine we will collect your new monitor this afternoon and give you back your old one

Cust: but the old one doesn't work

Me: That's correct sir

And so it goes on - this particular moron was looking on the wrong PC for his missing files !!!!

AHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA thats the most retarded thing ever, i would be so embarrassed for him upon finding that out