Sign in to follow this  
laadeelaa

For the threads that get closed.

Is it just me, or have there been a huge amount of threads been closed recently? It's like at the end of the year, when everyone gets all tight and crabby and has short fuses.

But it's the start of the year.

I get annoyed, when I start a post, eg. about some loser cutting me off and making me spin out. I was more interested to see if anyone could explain why my car spun out, as I thought it wouldn't cos of (??traction control or something??).

BUT. It was closed. I'm not pointing any fingers at any moderators. Cos I gotta hand it to them, they must do a sh*t load of reading. Borrring.

Edit. Deleted half of the post. Was half asleep when I posted it up. Was a dumb idea. Sorry.

Edited by lady525

If you want to talk about silly things like that, go on MSN, ;) or somewhere else anyway please.Posted Image

Is it just me, or have there been a huge amount of threads been closed recently? It's like at the end of the year, when everyone gets all tight and crabby and has short fuses.

But it's the start of the year.

I get annoyed, when I start a post, eg. about some loser cutting me off and making me spin out. I was more interested to see if anyone could explain why my car spun out, as I thought it wouldn't cos of (??traction control or something??).

BUT. It was closed. I'm not pointing any fingers at any moderators. Cos I gotta hand it to them, they must do a sh*t load of reading. Borrring.

Back on topic. Would it be possible to open a thread-thingy (like off topic), but it can't be closed because of the discussion of illegal modifications to members cars? It's like the "younger" community on this forum seem to only p*ss off the members who follow every strict rule of the law for car modifications.

Moderators? What would you like more? Forums with no arguements cos all of the younger members have gone and found another website (that may be under construction :huh: ). OR. Carry on with the constant threads being closed. By the same moderators. Or. Have a part for memebrs alike me, who choose to have low cars and dark tints.

Can anyone see where I'm coming from?

Sorry but I cbf typing out anything else.

i dont know why your previous post was closed,(i didnt read much after your initial question)but as one of the "older" members you speak of with a stock stock original 1990 car i do not have any problem with cars that are lowered or tinted.BUT when the lowering gets to the extent that your suspension performance is compromised can you see why some people can get annoyed when advice is not taken on board?

If you want to talk about silly things like that, go on MSN, ;) or somewhere else anyway please.Posted Image

+1

And I consider myself part of the "younger" community, and I do not condone nor approve of cutties either. I do however have a soft spot for being able to lay frame - the proper way <_<

I thought the BimmerSport population established that the reason you spun out was 'cos you fxcked your suspension geometry by lowering your car on possibly the wrong sized tyre without any thought to how it might affect camber/toe/castor/etc

Which is why somethings should stay illegal or require LVV Certification.

/grumpy. Mods feel free to remove if this is non-PC.

Why? Why should the forum provide a place for people to discuss modifications that can be made legal and are therefore pointless?

Your car either spun out because you can't drive or your car handles like crap (most likely due to it being too low, having heavy wheels, or having crap tyres, etc). It's a difficult decision for you, but you will have to pick from one of those two options.

It might surprise you, but the authorities aren't just being d1cks by saying you can't run your car extra low, or with tints to dark it makes it hard to see out at night, etc. They are trying to save you from yourself.

Guest Simon*

I would have no problems with your threads if they didn't degenerate into a pile of crap so fast. Sometimes it's not your fault it happens but you have a tendency to have to answer back and try to have the last word. They turn into puerile slagging matches pretty quickly. And you have to admit you say some pretty dumb things, or maybe you don't see that. Offering something like "Oh I can say that because I'm just a teenage girl; I don't mean to be a gold digger, etc" is a bit of a copout don't you think? You're only going to catch more sh*t because of that. And let's face it Emily, you've been banned/suspended before - anyone in your position is obviously going to be watched a bit more closely.

By all means post up asking for advice or the like, but don't get shitty when someone offers you some or points out that perhaps the setup of your car might be contributing to any issues you might be having.

If you "younger memebers" (I would use a different description) want to take a load of drivel to another website then that's fine with me. Seeing as most of it is unrelated to BMW or cars in general then a gossip page for people with who'd rather communicate in text speak might be a good place for it. Taking away the stuff we don't even want to read is hardly a threat.

You seem to know quite a few of the guys here in your "peer group" so why not keep the inane rubbish and flirting for PM or text or something. The rest of us don't want to read it, believe me.

To me this site is a place to source and share information about my car and related stuff. It's not a social networking site, god knows there's enough of those. I don't take it all too seriously and like to have a bit of a laugh but your message is timely because recently I am finding I have less patience for some of the bullshit posted by people post-whoring or writing crap just for the sake of it.

I'm not going to close this thread, so I welcome a bit of debate, within the bounds of decency. Please don't take my comments too personally either, but you asked and I'm feeling particularly honest this morning.

My car has a vtnz wof.

This post isn't about me. Entirely. What got me started was the tinting topic that was closed.

The only person I flirt with is Glenn on this. Because I can. So if anyone has a problem with that (apart from his wife) go ahead. And I don't see him complaining.

I was banned last time, as a moderator got carried away. Another moderator has even apoligised on their behalf. Ooooh.

Just think some of the people would think it's a good idea.

What are you on about Emm.... I dont flirt with you... and I dont consider what you say flirtacious

How is calling me "Uncle Glenn" flirting... I'm old enough to be your grand father :wacko:

Alright. I'm in a woman mood this morning. Forget it. I cbf with it.

I'll just keep on flirting around the forums. No. Harm. Done.

Guest Simon*

My car has a vtnz wof.

This post isn't about me. Entirely. What got me started was the tinting topic that was closed.

OK then

In all seriousness then, tell us about your car. All I know of it is that it's a very fuzzy blue E39 with ENORMOUS chrome wheels :)

Why not start a thread about it, with proper photos and a bit of history. Things like, did you buy it really low like that? Did you add the wheels? Have you had to warrant it while you've owned it? Is there anything wrong (in your eyes) with it currently? Projects or ideas for car, that sort of thing.

People here might be able to point out some options or potential future problems for you which might prevent you spinning out in the wet, etc. Just trying to be constructive.

What are you on about Emm.... I dont flirt with you... and I dont consider what you say flirtacious

How is calling me "Uncle Glenn" flirting... I'm old enough to be your grand father :wacko:

I'm sure uncle in a foreign language means sexy?? :lol:

Why not start a thread about it, with proper photos and a bit of history.

Because 90% of the posts would be critisism. So why bother.

Guest Simon*

Because 90% of the posts would be critisism. So why bother.

I don't believe that.

Besides, you'd no doubt say in your opening bit that you love your Chromies so everyone needs to look past that. And if people don't play nice we (mods) can smack them.

Try it

Edited by Simon*

My car has a vtnz wof.

Was this before or after the wheels, suspension were changed on the car???

Remember that a WOF only really means that the car was up to standard on the day it was checked. If you change suspension, tyres, wheels etc after the WOF was issued it doesn't mean you're car is still legal until the WOF runs out.

Laurence

Gee I can see the mods closing this threads that get closed thread real fast. Ha

Unfortunately there are guys on here that will constantly slander your car and/or posts because for one reason or another, they have decided they don't like you. Call it unfair, call it mean, call it BS and I'd agree, but unfortunately it wont stop it happening.

I agree with Simon. Try it. If hes made a commitment to smack the hands of anyone that's mean to you, then that's a start.

i say some of the mods need to chill out and not be so trigger finger ready on the lock button...

I don't think its the Mods at all.

Its the isiots that don't think before they type

Was this before or after the wheels, suspension were changed on the car???

Remember that a WOF only really means that the car was up to standard on the day it was checked. If you change suspension, tyres, wheels etc after the WOF was issued it doesn't mean you're car is still legal until the WOF runs out.

Laurence

The pictures up here are before I fixed it up.

I don't think its the Mods at all.

Its the isiots that don't think before they type

Lol.

Like...

"I HAVE 20% TINTS!"

Suck up. :P

For F**K sake Emily you whinge alot. Your car is cool. You are a cool person but god damn you whinge a lot.

Why would you start so many useless threads that you ALWAYS end up ranting on about how you are a lady and should therefore be treated differently on the forums because you don't know anything. By all means, ask questions but when someone tells you WHY/HOW you and/or your car has had a problem...don't f**ken whinge about it and use the fact that you are a woman as an excuse. Could collaborate a whole lotta quotes about your femininity (sp) but I really CBF.

I think your thread idea is a stupid. The whole reason mods close pages are because they (not only the ones that you start) end up with everyone whinging and e-attacking eachother,which leads to a completly useless thread with no problems being solved.

This whole thing will probably get deleted/edited soon :D

For F**K sake Emily you whinge alot. Your car is cool. You are a cool person but god damn you whinge a lot.

Why would you start so many useless threads that you ALWAYS end up ranting on about how you are a lady and should therefore be treated differently on the forums because you don't know anything. By all means, ask questions but when someone tells you WHY/HOW you and/or your car has had a problem...don't f**ken whinge about it and use the fact that you are a woman as an excuse. Could collaborate a whole lotta quotes about your femininity (sp) but I really CBF.

I think your thread idea is a stupid. The whole reason mods close pages are because they (not only the ones that you start) end up with everyone whinging and e-attacking eachother,which leads to a completly useless thread with no problems being solved.

This whole thing will probably get deleted/edited soon :D

Haha I didnt personally offend anyone with my 20% tint post tho Em. Its idiots that post this ^ that get threads locked

Whether you like it or not, us moderators do (in my opinion) a fairly good (and thankless, a lot of the time) job. We have a good cross section of the forum members who are moderators.

Generally we have also been around this forum since its inception, and have seen too many threads start out well enough, but then deteriorate quickly, and turn into fights etc. We also know, through experience, when these are likely to happen, and hence are quick to shut any topics that are heading down hill.

The thread you mentioned earlier about tinting, is exactly one of those threads. It was going downhill very quickly, and Penry did the right thing by locking it.

You also have to realise that we moderators have to "set the example" and show a high level of responsibility. This includes showing zero tolerance for posts or threads that are encouraging the breaking of the law, or that are encouraging dangerous practices, no matter how minor the infraction may be. We expect the participants in the forum to respect that.

It is unfortunate that every now and then someone has to open a "lets whinge about the moderators" thread. It does get to be pretty tiresome after a while. After all if you don't like how the forum is moderated, you can go elsewhere, it sounds as though from lady525's original post, that someone is starting a "rival" forum. That is cool and if this gets off the ground it will be a good thing and hopefully will give everyone what they want.

Cheers

Grant

Edited by Grant

Was going to happen sooner or later.