Sign in to follow this  
m325i

What kind of tranny do you have?

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Andrew

5 spd auto

I said I'd never own an auto but it's a nice big 6 cylinder cruiser. I sit in a lot of traffic to and from work so it's nice for drving then and during the weekend I can wave to all the ladies :P

big six cylinder? :lol:

5 spd auto

I said I'd never own an auto but it's a nice big 6 cylinder cruiser.  I sit in a lot of traffic to and from work so it's nice for drving then and during the weekend I can wave to all the ladies  :P

Are you sure you have a 5 speed auto for a '91 model 320?
Yeah I'm sure. I've counted it changing and on the shift it's got 2, 3, 4, D. It's a really nice box, really cruisey. Great for in traffic which was the main reason I didn't mind getting an auto.

5 speed steptronic in mine. The BMW auto box is great around town.

If anyone fancies a bit of afters on the open road, switching to sport usually sees them off if its straight speed but if its a bit twisty putting it into manual does more than scare them.

The pull this thing has at 4k revs in second is nothing short of astonishing, so Im glad to have the best of both worlds.

after driving a 730 round...i can only imagine how much fun a 740 would be

5 speed manual. whats a manula? :blink:

The 6spd auto in dads 745i is really nice to drive aswell ....

Just cruising on the motorway in Auto and manual or sports around bendy corners are nice !

putting it into sports mode and flooring it on the motor just takes ya to 180 with ease!! It's really good for overtaking ..

Just cruising on the motorway in Auto and manual or sports around bendy corners are nice !

putting it into sports mode and flooring it on the motor just takes ya to 180 with ease!! It's really good for overtaking ..

but its still an auto.

manual is always > auto

but its still an auto.

manual is always > auto

Yeah but with that sort of car it's better off in auto, but in saying that i wouldn't mind seeing one in manual and see how well it goes ..

5 speed manual. whats a manula? 

Its a 5 speed manual after a couple of cones. :mellow:

Right here....

Sat on the right its in 'cruise'mode and it changes up when you hit about 3k revs, flick it to the left and its in sport mode which is the same as cruise but it holds the revs to around 6k before changing up.

Whereas once its on the left you can flick it up and down so you can drive it as a clutch-less manual and do what you like with the revs :mosh:

post-2-1097881879.jpg

Edited by martyyn

Guest Andrew

Right here....

Sat on the right its in 'cruise'mode and it changes up when you hit about 3k revs, flick it to the left and its in sport mode which is the same as cruise but it holds the revs to around 6k before changing up.

Whereas once its on the left you can flick it up and down so you can drive it as a clutch-less manual and do what you like with the revs :mosh:

not a clutchless manual.. a manual select automatic (which still up and down shifts for you if you forget)