Sign in to follow this  
BLACK DORIS

What would be a reasonable price for these?

Hey, what kind of price would bmsprt members expect to pick up a set of these for?

I'm actually after a set of 15' b'weaves but saw these on a TM auction and the seller could be interested in letting them go. Waiting to hear back but interested to know what a reasonable offer would be for the set, assuming they are in fairly good condition. Not sure of the size either guessn they're prob 14's?

Cheers in adv.

Rio

Edited by BLACK DORIS

id pay 200 bad cond and 500 good cond

Edited by Jamez

Just don't buy them if they're metrics! Tyres cost the earth.

Just don't buy them if they're metrics! Tyres cost the earth.

Sorry for noobness, but what would class them as metrics... :unsure:

Would appreciate any advice on what could be a better option/look. I'd read online (incl here) that the 15' bbs are an ideal size for the e30 in terms of look and performance? I'm def feeling the basket weave look as I'm keen to keep car stock with a few subtle/tastfull alterations.

Cheers!

Look at the tyre size. If its xxx/xx/R14 or xxx/xx/r15 (r being the radius in inches) then you are fine - they are standard imperial wheels.

BMW made a wheel (and I'm not sure if they made it in 4 stud, so maybe I'm warning you for nothing) which had a radius of 390mm (about 15.5 inches) ie xxx/xx/r390. These were experimental and tyres are very hard to come by. I've come across about 3 sets over the past few years, usually at a tye shop where the cost of the tyres has made the owner abandon them for some "normal" wheels.

Oh, I disagree, I think the 16" basketweaves are superior in terms of look and performance.

Edited by bravo

^^ Cheers bravo. Hmm, will look into that and do a few more online searches re the 16's...

Hey, what kind of price would bmsprt members expect to pick up a set of these for?

I'm actually after a set of 15' b'weaves but saw these on a TM auction and the seller could be interested in letting them go. Waiting to hear back but interested to know what a reasonable offer would be for the set, assuming they are in fairly good condition. Not sure of the size either guessn they're prob 14's?

Cheers in adv.

Rio

Hi Rio,

I paid $200 for 14" basketweaves (with no tyres) on trademe in December. They were in resonable condition but I cleaned them up further and gave them a paint. They look new now.

I have seen 14" for up to $400 on trademe before. 15" are a few hundred more.

Hope this helps.

Dean