Sign in to follow this  
E30-323ti

E30 M3 *CHEAP*

I have my suspicions about that being a genuine M3

It only looks like it's a 323 cabby that's had some M3 panels thown on <_<

EDITED: Okay, am I seeing things or does that "two door coupe" have a centre consol with 4 sets of electric window buttons, does anyone else think that's odd???

Edited by ///Carl

I aslo doubt being M3, i thought Cabrio M3 were extremely rare, and one at that price?

About the buttons, I think i have seen other cabrio with a similar console setup. The other buttons might be for the rear windows?

I aslo doubt being M3, i thought Cabrio M3 were extremely rare, and one at that price?

About the buttons, I think i have seen other cabrio with a similar console setup. The other buttons might be for the rear windows?

That's the thing, i've never seen a coupe with 4 electric windows...but cabby's...does anyone here have a 4 buttoned coupe, i'd like to see how the rear windows work since mine flip out.... Edited by ///Carl

It was only the EVO versions that got the 2.5 engines. Its a strange one, if it was only a cabrio with M3 panels thrown on chances are it would have the facelift tail lights, but it has pre-FL lights, like proper M3?

My brothers coupe has got 4 window buttons. 2 for the fronts and 2 for the back, but they are optional, i could have gotten that for my hatch but dad said it would be just a waste of money because hardly anyone sits in the back ....

It looks pretty genuine to me. I see nothing that makes me think any different.

I will go and have a look at it this weekend.

Also $45k for a vert E30 M3 would be about right. A decent tin top one would fetch $40k easily enough.

Remember you are buying a legend, not just a car.

conversion is poor - check out the brake handle console (not swapped) the windscreen wipers, and where is the rear spoiler?

Also, steering wheel / white consol backing makes it looks like a boy racer car.

Only thing that would be going for it is that it is an E30 M3 that is on the road - you can't do that for another 3 years.

$45k is cheap in any respect, for a genuine M3.

Two cents worth for the day!

A total of 786 E30 M3's were built from 1988 to 1991. The interior looks genuine.

1989 had 180 built until June. The next lot were built in Feb 1990. 19 were built for the UK in 1989.

Chassis numbers for the first batches are:

2385001-2385042

EB85001-EB85093

3559001-3559088

EB86000-EB86085.

It's just up the road from me. I might go and look at it today.

Chassis # 3559065. Genuine car. Quite nice too.

Misano Red. Got a Claytons rego surround, so it's been there at sometime.

He also has a nice M635CSI there in Alpine White.

conversion is poor - check out the brake handle console (not swapped) the windscreen wipers, and where is the rear spoiler?

Also, steering wheel / white consol backing makes it looks like a boy racer car.

Only thing that would be going for it is that it is an E30 M3 that is on the road - you can't do that for another 3 years.

$45k is cheap in any respect, for a genuine M3.

Two cents worth for the day!

Juzzie

You are a hard man.

The remaining conversion bits are only minor details that can be fixed easily enough.

However I agree about the steering wheel and white dials.

Also, Do E30 M3 Verts have a spoiler?? I think that a spoiler would well and truly ruin that car.

I think it looks very tidy, but when I see it in person, I will make up my mind properly.

Also to be fair, you may have an over inflated view of what an E30 M3 is worth (easy enough for you I know seeing as you have a very very nice example of one yourself).

Cheers

You are a hard man.

Also to be fair, you may have an over inflated view of what an E30 M3 is worth (easy enough for you I know seeing as you have a very very nice example of one yourself).

Unfortunately, I think a perfectionist and like to see things done right.

As for pricing - ie, the "over inflated view" (to which, for the avoidance of doubt, I don't take offence) - I like to think that other people have a sensible view of what it costs to get an M3 on the road. I don't think I got much change out of $40,000 to get mine on the road, in the condition it is in. I think my comment was aimed at the fact that you are probably around the money for a good example (I will say minimum $40k to $50k) but what buyers must factor in the effort it takes to get an M3 on the road in New Zealand.

For me it took over a year and included times when it looked like I wouldn't be able to get the car on the road. Not many of us would like being faced with a $35,000 track car sitting in the garage. I guess I factor in a premium for having taken a risk in doing what I did (ie, paying $25,000 for a car that I had seen two polaroid photos of).

All I ask is that with "limited edition" cars, people ask themselves the question: "If I could source one from overseas (usually sight unseen), get it here, convert it, and put it on the road, how much would it cost me?".

Recent overseas sales have included an Evo III for CAD$65,000. I am not sure of what local sales have gone on, but to be honest, there are very few M3s in New Zealand that I would buy (see the fact that I am a perfectionist above). There is a lot of crap around - the yellow and black CHC example springing to mind.

Still, price is what most of us would argue about in any event. As we all know, the minds of the buyer and seller must meet for a sale to take place. One day, when my fourth wife is filing for divorce, I may have to sell the M3 and find out! ^_^

Boot lid and spoiler for the E30 M3 Cabrio is the same as the E30 325i. Looks the same as photos I have of them.

You are a hard man.

Unfortunately, I think a perfectionist and like to see things done right.

As for pricing - ie, the "over inflated view" (to which, for the avoidance of doubt, I don't take offence) - I like to think that other people have a sensible view of what it costs to get an M3 on the road. I don't think I got much change out of $40,000 to get mine on the road, in the condition it is in. I think my comment was aimed at the fact that you are probably around the money for a good example (I will say minimum $40k to $50k) but what buyers must factor in the effort it takes to get an M3 on the road in New Zealand.

For me it took over a year and included times when it looked like I wouldn't be able to get the car on the road. Not many of us would like being faced with a $35,000 track car sitting in the garage. I guess I factor in a premium for having taken a risk in doing what I did (ie, paying $25,000 for a car that I had seen two polaroid photos of).

All I ask is that with "limited edition" cars, people ask themselves the question: "If I could source one from overseas (usually sight unseen), get it here, convert it, and put it on the road, how much would it cost me?".

Recent overseas sales have included an Evo III for CAD$65,000. I am not sure of what local sales have gone on, but to be honest, there are very few M3s in New Zealand that I would buy (see the fact that I am a perfectionist above). There is a lot of crap around - the yellow and black CHC example springing to mind.

Still, price is what most of us would argue about in any event. As we all know, the minds of the buyer and seller must meet for a sale to take place. One day, when my fourth wife is filing for divorce, I may have to sell the M3 and find out! ^_^

Cool, glad you didn't take any offense, certainly none was intended.

I agree that there is some considerable cost to getting the car to the standard that you want it to, once you have got it in NZ.

Here's hoping you never have to sell it!!!! Being a lawyer, you must know some tricky way to protect it in some way so that it can't be ever taken away from you.

Cheers

On a slightly different note, the next M3 I was looking at (located in Canada) was stolen in late September. So if you see / hear of any LHD black E30 M3s for sale (or parts) in suspicious circumstances, can you let me know.

J

Here's an M3 for sale in the UK.

1990 E30 M3 Alpine white with black leather, cruise control, Hi-Fi pack, Stainless exhaust, new clutch and battery. 4 new Toyo Proxes. 244,000km daily driver not track day car. Curent owner 3.5 years. Extensive service history to maintain first class condition throughout. Tax and MOT to March 05.

£6975 OVNO.

Tele Ian on 0114 266 3763 or 07811 180 761 Sheffield.

post-11-1097104885.jpg

I'm guessing quite a bit is involved with making the car roadworthy here in NZ (looking at the cost to get one legally on the road here in NZ), but what about frontal impact regulations, or is that solely related to Japanese imports? What else is involved?

I know my uncle had to spend a few dollaros to get his E36 M3 road worthy.

Edited by Deftones

Currently you need to 'own & operate' a LHD in the country it is being imported from. And then not sell it for 5 years to avoid converting it.

Therefore, it is worth it if you buy something exotic. Not worth it for something common.

The E30 320iS in Italian spec is an even better buy. I'm just trying to figure out an excuse to say I've been living in Italy to justify buying one of those and not convert it.

Still doing research on it.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest Andrew

Currently you need to 'own & operate' a LHD in the country it is being imported from. And then not sell it for 5 years to avoid converting it.

Therefore, it is worth it if you buy something exotic. Not worth it for something common.

The E30 320iS in Italian spec is an even better buy. I'm just trying to figure out an excuse to say I've been living in Italy to justify buying one of those and not convert it.

Still doing research on it.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Sounds about right - but as Gerry said at the last commitee meeting the Mustang car club are trying to get a law change to make it easy to bring in LHD classics - E30 m3s.. 320is etc..

Guest Spargo

So much misinfo in this thread.

No spoiler for the M3 vert.

Its a genuine, seeing as when it drove past me it dounds like it was about to drop a rod, ie: classic S14 sound!

by the sounds of this i am wishing i bought over a M3 instead of the 728i back in 1990, they were cheap as chips when they came out and were affordable by any middle-class person. it was not rare to see them driving around in doncaster at all.