Sign in to follow this  
1rotty

Ooh.A Road Trip

Yes the same that popped up in a 4 sale thread recently.

Whether its a factory or dealer upgrade I'm not sure yet but we'll know when the build sheet info arrives.

I've had the hots for this car since long before it appeared on TM & to be honest I'm not quite sure why-its been like hives-no matter how hard I tried it just wouldnt go away.

I had a 323 in the early 80's so maybe its a mid life crisis thing :rolleyes:

Comes with stacks of bonus bits-2 sets of rims,shocks,springs,spare computer etc & I reckon it'll make a great winter project since the 540's a bit too technical for my limited skills.

Anyhooo-next Sat a quick 6am flight to ChCh then a fast :unsure: same day road trip back to Hastings-pity its auto(for now)but it'll be a blast anyway.

It will be interesting to compare the drive with the 540-different but equally cool I'm sure.

I'll put up decent pics & details after I get it home & scrubbed up.

Mark

Guest Simon*

Nice one Mark!

I was hanging out with Doug when you passed on the news :) Good on you mate, and it should be a fun trip back.

Went for a blat today in the 540 and found an awesome circuit out the back with a bit of everything, heaps of twisties, up and downhill, and lots of long flowing straights on the way out - oh and no traffic :)

Will take you boys through it sometime soon when we're all around. Are you gonna' come to the trackday at Taupo?

Well done. You score the 16's??

Have fun.

Nice one Mark!

I was hanging out with Doug when you passed on the news :) Good on you mate, and it should be a fun trip back.

Went for a blat today in the 540 and found an awesome circuit out the back with a bit of everything, heaps of twisties, up and downhill, and lots of long flowing straights on the way out - oh and no traffic :)

Will take you boys through it sometime soon when we're all around. Are you gonna' come to the trackday at Taupo?

Cheers mate & yep I'm keen as for taupo.

Sounds like a Targa type circuit you've found & thats my kind of road-just yell out,you know I'm up for anything LOL

Well done. You score the 16's??

Have fun.

Yes & you can bet you're a**e I'll have fun!!!

Guest Simon*

Cheers mate & yep I'm keen as for taupo.

Sounds like a Targa type circuit you've found & thats my kind of road-just yell out,you know I'm up for anything LOL

Sweet. Get on and book it if you haven't already - the ordering/payment system is dumb

It's a wicked series of roads, very targa-esque yes. All through the hills behind Puketap, Rissington and dropping back into Dartmoor valley. I was buzzing for ages afterwards. Very keen to do it again, maybe video it too :)

Sweet. Get on and book it if you haven't already - the ordering/payment system is dumb

It's a wicked series of roads, very targa-esque yes. All through the hills behind Puketap, Rissington and dropping back into Dartmoor valley. I was buzzing for ages afterwards. Very keen to do it again, maybe video it too :)

Will do & the roads sound great-& with A PUB to start or finish :unsure:

Nice purchase mate, I took it for a test drive yesterday.... was going to make him an offer tomorrow but looks like you snapped it up! :)

Manual conversion on the cards? The auto was rather shuddery under hard acceleration when I drove it... could just need a service.

Nice purchase mate, I took it for a test drive yesterday.... was going to make him an offer tomorrow but looks like you snapped it up! :)

Manual conversion on the cards? The auto was rather shuddery under hard acceleration when I drove it... could just need a service.

Yep,I'll definitely be looking at a conversion.

Gives me confidence that you thought enough of it to make an offer.Sorry bout that :P

Altho I'd done a lot of research & talked to other people who know the car buying blind always a bit of a nail biter.

If it is shuddering under HARD acceleration its going to be bouncing like a hooker by the time I get home :o

Haha, I'm terribly indecisive when it comes to buying cars... perhaps I need to go a bit more on gut instinct. It's a nice car with some good options... definitely needs a tidy up in terms of body and paintwork but the engine is strong and that's the important thing. I look forward to seeing what comes of it (And perhaps I can buy it off you once you get sick of it! hah! :D )

Grats man I hope u have a good one. That steering wheel is like, one of the coolest e30 things ever.

Haha, I'm terribly indecisive when it comes to buying cars... perhaps I need to go a bit more on gut instinct. It's a nice car with some good options... definitely needs a tidy up in terms of body and paintwork but the engine is strong and that's the important thing. I look forward to seeing what comes of it (And perhaps I can buy it off you once you get sick of it! hah! :D )

I'm looking at it as a bit of a project over winter rather than a long term keeper(at the mo anyway & depending on the finances) so you never know :unsure:

Was going to buy it before i decided on the E36.

Should be good fun with a manual conversion

How'd the road trip go Mark? Had a chance to clean it up and take some pics?

Guest Simon*

Well Mark and the Schnitzer made it back, I can vouch for that :)

But I never actually got around to seeing last night. Was concentrating too hard on my drinking

Well Mark and the Schnitzer made it back, I can vouch for that :)

But I never actually got around to seeing last night. Was concentrating too hard on my drinking

$100 to who can guess who had the biggest hangover in Napier today-Simon or Cain(or Doug-did he show?)

Sorry I had to bolt but car,cops & Paddys Day not a healthy mix :lol:

Guest Simon*

$100 to who can guess who had the biggest hangover in Napier today-Simon or Cain(or Doug-did he show?)

Sorry I had to bolt but car,cops & Paddys Day not a healthy mix :lol:

Haha not I! It was our american friend by all accounts. Well was her idea to try to keep up with the boys on the drinking :)

Doug didn't make it.

I had to get up at 7 and go to work - but it was a hard St Patrick's Boxing day that's for sure.

Understood on the bolting. Cheers for coming over from the 'Stings anyway