Sign in to follow this  
BM WORLD

toyota taking over bmw

3 bmw's with toyota engines on tm this week.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-207303547.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-207371367.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=207271787

yes i know they have been talked about . just strange they are all up for sale now.

I dont know why they dont stick them in other toyotas...

Ditto!!

Arent those toyota v8's pretty lazy? I dunno why everyone thinks they are mean as.

why would someone do that to such fine beauty?

Hah, checkout the comment made on the E28 Auctions YouTube link... TBH, I think that chap has wasted alot of time & money on that E28, but hey each to their own. Not certed & the don't make it easy with engine conversions.

Yeah, Toyota's motors like the 1UZFE V8 as found in my Soarer are far too lazy factory - especially with the automatic gearboxes which are just dogs, the M60B40 with the ZF 5 speed is ligh-tyears ahead.

I know what I would take given the chance. (Hence selling my Soarer!)

haha digging the automatic E28 with 233 rwkw

would love the e36 V8!

The 1/2JZ and the 1UZ are some of my fave engines. Up there with the RB26, K20A and 4AGE.

Its just personal preference :roll:

Of course BMW purists/lovers wont appreciate bastard conversions of any kind, especially not from a Jap brand into the German shell.

But for me I think its utter sex. The sleekness of a BMW, with the tried, tested and proven reliability, modification friendliness and utter sex symbol status of a 1UZ or 1JZ :wub:

iLike

Arent those toyota v8's pretty lazy? I dunno why everyone thinks they are mean as.

but thats half the appeal of a v8(well a 4L).The BMW v8 is only a little bit more tourquey and peak power.I bet it makes for a nice drive tho,you dont always have to be swapping cogs and at cruiing speeds it is very quiet and smooth

The 1/2JZ and the 1UZ are some of my fave engines. Up there with the RB26, K20A and 4AGE.

Its just personal preference :roll:

Of course BMW purists/lovers wont appreciate bastard conversions of any kind, especially not from a Jap brand into the German shell.

But for me I think its utter sex. The sleekness of a BMW, with the tried, tested and proven reliability, modification friendliness and utter sex symbol status of a 1UZ or 1JZ :wub:

iLike

they dont have any sex status...thats why you have to put them into a BMW :)

Name a BMW engine that has over 200kw and can be purchased for a grand? Also name a BMW engine that can be boosted to 220RWKW with a simple piggyback computer and intake and exhaust mods :lol:

Would still rather just buy an M5.

Depends what you call intake and exhaust mods... A turbo could be counted as an exhaust mod. And HPF have built a 902rwhp M3 using the standard ECU, it dosent even need a piggyback!

HPF have built a 902rwhp M3 using the standard ECU, it dosent even need a piggyback!

For what cost? What else was standard? Its not a debate even worth beginning.

Yeah but all those jap engines that are easy to make power out of are already turbo. You just need to turn up the boost for more power. Making power from a turbo engine and a NA engine are completely different.

You are simply endorsing the fact Jap power is far greater bang for buck. Well done.

Name a BMW engine that has over 200kw and can be purchased for a grand? Also name a BMW engine that can be boosted to 220RWKW with a simple piggyback computer and intake and exhaust mods :lol:

Would still rather just buy an M5.

you dont have to convince me of the whys and wherefores.I however would never do it.The nicest BMW I can buy is one that is EXACTLY as it left the factory.

As far as i am concerned a BMW without a BMW under the bonnet isnt even a BMW

You are simply endorsing the fact Jap power is far greater bang for buck. Well done.

:D +1

you dont have to convince me of the whys and wherefores.I however would never do it.The nicest BMW I can buy is one that is EXACTLY as it left the factory.

As far as i am concerned a BMW without a BMW under the bonnet isnt even a BMW

Posted Image

Edited by Pjay