Sign in to follow this  
jordyboy2

Jordy's E46

Well here's my new head unit i got installed today

And the rims i bought from zenetti a wee while ago but never got around to taking photos of untill now

=D

post-3372-1236901742_thumb.jpgpost-3372-1236901771_thumb.jpgpost-3372-1236901813_thumb.jpgpost-3372-1236901837_thumb.jpg

UPDATE:

Got me some Angel eyes, here are some rather crappy photos, might take better ones when it stops raining

post-3372-1242170716_thumb.jpgpost-3372-1242170685_thumb.jpgpost-3372-1242170751_thumb.jpg

Edit:

Some photos of the dash at night, and one rather shite one of the angel eyes

post-3372-1242899521_thumb.jpg

post-3372-1242900139_thumb.jpg

post-3372-1242900160_thumb.jpg

Edited by jordy

Looks good man!

What happened to the old wheels?

Nice Head deck man, I got the same one last week

Three of them are sitting in my garage, and one is getting welded back together (it got a crack in it the day i was roadtripping back from welly, Desert road with a space saver = great unsuccess)

Their all in pretty bad shape so i might just try flog em off on TM

The head unit is greeaaaat, need a speaker upgrade next

Three of them are sitting in my garage, and one is getting welded back together (it got a crack in it the day i was roadtripping back from welly, Desert road with a space saver = great unsuccess)

Very tidy Beema,

Im liking it very much

class

I love Alpine gear. Have it in my e30. Can those new units change button backlight and screen background colour to match BMW dash???

My current one can - and I won't swap to a newer one if they can't.

Wheels look good!

I might want them, how muchy? Yeah its a nice head unit, kinda still getting used to it though.

I love Alpine gear. Have it in my e30. Can those new units change button backlight and screen background colour to match BMW dash???

My current one can - and I won't swap to a newer one if they can't.

Wheels look good!

I mine has red backlights so I thought that was close enough for me haha, looks good at night, Im colour blind so I dont notice the difference between amber lights and red. So as far as Im concerned it matches perfectly haha

Im not sure yet Ryan, gotta see how much its cost me for the weld

but i'll definatly let you know ASAP

Any chance of a picture Ryan? Mine are red too, but as you say its close enough.

Yeah mate I'll try get one, only just figured out how to dim the lights on it so they are the same brightness as my dash lights as they were like a disco party on my dash before that, sooo bright.

They look real good!

Tell me a bit more about them. Are they off trade me? who installed? etc etc

Keen on some for my E36.

Cheers

Guest Simon*

Nice Jordy - car looks really good. Not sold on the appearance of the headunit TBH but I'm sure it's a good one

You need to get another pair of those ducts or blanks to fill around you fogs

(Europlates Europlates Europlates ;))

Simon - The head unit backlight is red now so it looks a little but better, but it sucks how it's so reccessed (its a bitch to remove the face plate) but it works nicely

Ducts are gonna be next tuesday I hope, was looking at getting the plate KOCANE

3Series - I got my local euro service dude to source them and fit them, not sure of what it cost yet though

Got the fog light surrounds today, (went and orderd them on tuesday for same day delivery lol) just started painting them, will post pictures when done

Edit:

Painted, 5 coats

post-3372-1242899287_thumb.jpg

Clear coat 2nd coat, drying upstairs (nice and warm) on dads guitar stand :lol:

post-3372-1242899089_thumb.jpg

Edited by jordy

Nice man, I like the look.

What do you do about on board computer functions with your Alpine head unit? I have a fairly nice Pioneer unit that I had in my E34 (which had separate OBC functions to the side) but in the E39 it's built into the dash.

I would love to get a nice aftermarket head unit or put in my old one, but I don't wanna lose the ability to reset the clock/fuel consumption/distance etc.

Nice man, I like the look.

What do you do about on board computer functions with your Alpine head unit? I have a fairly nice Pioneer unit that I had in my E34 (which had separate OBC functions to the side) but in the E39 it's built into the dash.

I would love to get a nice aftermarket head unit or put in my old one, but I don't wanna lose the ability to reset the clock/fuel consumption/distance etc.

Cheers man

The OBC functions in the E46 come up on the little led screen below the gauges

post-3372-1242901806_thumb.jpg

And to control what your seeing theres a little button built onto the end of the indicator stalk

So i dont have that problem :lol:

And im not sure how you'd go about it soz

Edited by jordy

Cheers man

The OBC functions in the E46 come up on the little led screen below the gauges

post-3372-1242901806_thumb.jpg

And to control what your seeing theres a little button built onto the end of the indicator stalk

So i dont have that problem :lol:

And im not sure how you'd go about it soz

Oh nice. My OBC stuff comes up on that screen below the gauges as well, but I don't have any control/ability to reset on the stalk. I have to use the radio to do that stuff. The stalk only allows me to cycle through the display of the functions.

Looking good bro..

That number plate you suggested would be awesome BTW haha