Sign in to follow this  
M325is

fingers crossed

my car was t boned by a 4x4 lexus today at luch, the asian is getting done with careless driving and not giving way. There is a big possibility my car is a write off.

Im hoping it wont be, im fully insured for 13500, but the damage is huge to the rear passenger, the chassi is straight and the axel suspension shocks and wheel is still all ok but under the a pillar is stoved in.

Wish me luck.

post-2-1097637602.jpg

I hope your car is going to be repairable. Good luck. I am not trying to be racist ,but I was backed into my car by an asian driver last friday.Turns out the name and all details he gave me do not exist.

Edited by 37 South

Shelley

Best of luck getting it repaired. It would be a shame to lose a good E30.

Cheers

gutted shelley......if worse comes to worse though ill help take it off your hands :)...like the LSD :D

but seriously good luck...would be a shame to lose such a good looking car

Guest Andrew

That sucks shelley.

If its written off it will be worth a bit in parts at least so buy it back from the insurance company and get another m325 - there are plenty out there right now.

Is the diff damaged? (sorry I had to ask ^_^ )

i had the same happen to my old 318i ill try and get the pxt of it up, but it was a write off the floor was all crinkeled in the boot and the roof was pulled down in the back corner, yet the door was fine, windows where in one peice and the pillars hadnt moved, if you are going to repair make sure there is no hidden damage, im keen for some of the parts though

yer T-bones are nasty. My mates barina got T-boned last year and unfortunately i was on the hit side, still got the scars to prove it. be thankfull you are alright.

id also be interested in the odd part *cough*recaros?*cough* ^_^

m325is? is the s for shelley?

My sincere condolences...no one should have to go through the pains of losing their precious ride.

My diff just died last night...I should hold a ceremony for it...anyone got a spare 3.65??? :(

Guest Spargo

Gutted for ya SHelley, like i said.

Best option would be to take the cheque, buy it back and part it out. Look at everyone asking for stuff! There are plenty of Motorsports around, i merely saw 4 today.

There are plenty of Motorsports around, i merely saw 4 today.

see thats why you should get something less common like a honda :D:lol:

Guest Spargo

see thats why you should get something less common like a honda :D:lol:

I used to love CRX's, then I turned 14.

True story :lol:

Seriously tho, only one was for sale :ph34r:

see thats why you should get something less common like a honda :D  :lol:

I used to love CRX's, then I turned 14.

True story :lol:

Seriously tho, only one was for sale :ph34r:

did your dick stop growing at 14? cause that would be the only reason for the change?

:finger:

seriuosly thou.. oh i am. :finger:

yes it was my bimmer. i have pictures of the crash, they are reparing it, they have ordered $5000 worth of parts new from germany and the assesor is going to look at my car again on monday to make sure he hasnt missed anything. My excess of $1000 has been cleared because the guy who hit me has a criminal charge against him now so he will be paying it. Just means i wont get my car back for a bit as the parts are being shipped.

Ohwell, atleast im getting it back. :bounce: go state!

bimmer_accident_1

Edited by M325is

yeah thought i recognised it, i was checkin it out. took photos of it even.. not thinkin of selling once its fixed are ya?...

Guest Andrew

yes it was my bimmer. i have pictures of the crash, they are reparing it, they have ordered $5000 worth of parts new from germany and the assesor is going to look at my car again on monday to make sure he hasnt missed anything. My excess of $1000 has been cleared because the guy who hit me has a criminal charge against him now so he will be paying it. Just means i wont get my car back for a bit as the parts are being shipped.

Ohwell, atleast im getting it back. :bounce: go state!

Thats good to hear they are fixing it - did you score a full repaint also?

quite possibly a respray, and maybe new mags, im thinking either alpina replicas or some sort of deep dishes.

No im never selling this car, sorry dude. :P

Ya that'll buff right out.

Glad to hear its a repair, though if parts are coming ex-germany usually they ship 'em by surface instead of airmail so it may be 10 weeks waiting.

Similar happened to me waiting for parts ex-Japan when my 200SX got smacked up. <_<

quite possibly a respray, and maybe new mags, im thinking either alpina replicas or some sort of deep dishes.

Excellent..... :thumb: :love: :mosh: :wub: :mosh:

damn, thats harsh! can you still open the door on that side? is the mag damaged? If it was hit, it will probably be buckled and in need of replacement. (im pretty sure you cant get them properly true again, my mate has a momo GT2 that he buckled when he lost it in his integra at some stupidly high speed in the wet... It makes a mint foot seat in the session room, but other than that its of no use!)

id say that your car will be recieving quite a severe corner cut, but as for the respray, dont count on the insurance company paying for that - they just get the panels that get repaired resprayed - can look really odd new paint on half the car and slightly older faded paint on the rest. Maybe you could approach your assessor and ask him to get the whole car resprayed, with you paying the extra.

Corner cuts are quite nasty, after a bit of time they start to show through rather obviously when the repair isnt done properly - my diesel wagon has had a new right rear end at some stage - its cracked a bit and surface rusted in places. Unfortunatly, my BMW has had a whole ass end before it was imported - didnt know about it when I bought it - found out once i stacked it - theres a lot of bog in the back left... but my panel beater mate said that its been repaired well...