Sign in to follow this  
Surge

Cracked Dash

The last few owners must have loved letting thier car sunbathe... :banghead:

Dash is rather cracked (brought it with a mat over it) Is it possible to fix this (with decent results) or anywhere where it can be professionally done?

It's got about 5 or so cracks extending the width of the dash (from the windscreen back)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. B)

I have heard that they can be "welded" back together. I have a 1 1/2" crack on my dash which I inetend on getting fixed. Will let you know if I come across someone who does it at a reasonable price.

Guest Andrew

I have heard that they can be "welded" back together. I have a 1 1/2" crack on my dash which I inetend on getting fixed. Will let you know if I come across someone who does it at a reasonable price.

It will crack again - just find a wreck and nab its dash.

it can be repaired but dont expect it to be 100%, its a common thing, all of my bimmers except the 5 have had a couple of cracks in the dash

Arent dashes about the hardest thing to get out, and then get back in? altho i suppose its better than getting it half- pie fixed aye

replace.

or get it recovered :D

then you can make it nice and pretty

Arent dashes about the hardest thing to get out, and then get back in? altho i suppose its better than getting it half- pie fixed aye

on Honda integras, nissan skylines, cefiros an laurels, holden rodeos, commodores, they are quite hard.... therefore I conclude they are all hard... but having said that, its cheaper, easier and better to replace them than repair them... just have a session before, during and after - it helps with easing the frustrations of finding all the bolts...

Yes, you can get your dash welded back together and it doesn't cost a hell of a lot.

I went to a guy in lower hutt that welded 3 cracks back and it cost me $30 and the end results are very satisfactory. Ian and Tim have seen it, should their memories (Ian in particular with his alzheimers) not fail them, and they should be able to testify that my welded dash looks fine.

Look for a vinyl repair place, sometimes marine upholsterers do them aswell, and if you find a guy that does it under the table then you'll come off one very happy customer :D

try fibrenew.

they are the win for all that kind of jazz