Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Where would I go to...

Want to change my 4dr e30 rego from a 5 seater to a 2 seater as I have removed the rear belts.

I assume I have to change the rego before I take it for a warrant (for it to pass).

Any where specific I have to go for this, or is it a vtnz office/post office job? Also since the rego is being transfered, do I have to pay a new subscription fee or am I still covered?

Any help and insight is apprecitated.

Cheers, Nathan

You will need an Engineers Cert to get changes made to the compliancing of your car.

Removing seatbelts and seats (yes the seats will have to be removed) is changing the structure of your car so firstly you need the Engineers report, then you have to go to VTNZ for the certificate and finally to LTNZ to get the specs changed on the Vehicle Information Report.

Easiest thing is to put the belts and seats back in before you go for each new warrant of fitness.

PM JiB and ask him - he didn't have any problems (in a 2 door).

Pretty sure if you remove the seats, remove the belts, and install 4-ddor front seats in a coupe you're fine. No idea what the story is in a 4-door - disable the rear doors from opening maybe???

This is only comjecture - ring your nearest LVV certifier for the goods.

I didn't need to do anything in my 4 Door E30 Series car. The seats and belts are fully removed.

But my cage is homologated and I have a log book and race license.

Pretty sure you don't need to do anything, i was looking throught the LVV cert website when i was checking if i needed a cert for anything, and it said removing the rear seats and belts didn't require anything, but you wouldn't be allowed to use them (duh! lol)

Certification Thresholds

Edited by HUFF3R