Sign in to follow this  
Jimocles

what makes a m325 a m325?

I believe - could be wrong - bigger brakes and suspension. Different headders, and maybe a better chip.

Of course, the different aerodynamic package. Proberly the interrior is flashier also.

As far as I am aware

-LSD

-Suspension

-kit

-Decromed

-seats

-steering wheel/gear knob

-black headliner

-some have dog legged trans.

Guest Spargo

There is NO E36 M325i. Its an E30 thing.

In NZ it was known as a Motorsport package (dealer receipts say so) which had:

-Front vented disc brakes; rear solid disc brakes

- Anti-lock braking system

- De-chrome

- M Technic steering wheel (Style II), leather gear knob and gaiter

- M Technic sports suspension

- Spoiler equipment front, rear spoilers & side, rear skirts

- Colour-coded door mirrors

- 5-speed sports gearbox with conventional gate pattern

- Limited-slip differential (25% lock up)

- Alloy wheels (7J x 15 Cross Spoke Style)

- BMW sports seats

- Rear centre arm-rest

- Opening side rear windows

- Velour carpeting

- Anthracite roof lining

- Check/control system

- Halogen front fog lights

- Map reading lamps

This was the same as the UK package which was known as the 325i Sport. Which to confuse the matter, is not to be confused with some 3000 or so (worldwide) 325i "Sport"s which came with a high comp 200hp 2.5 M20.

Confusing the issue EVEN FURTHER is that there seems to have been a NZ only option of a Motorsport engine, which was as far as i can gather, the same as the high comp "Sport" motor.

The dogleg transmission was always an option on the 325i range, and used a 1:1 top gear, but was standard fare on the 3000 or so "Sport"s.

Another thing to note is that there WAS auto versions, but they came with the switchable tranny, and are suprisingly fun to drive.

No 4dr was ever produced, any M-tec II 4dr kitted car you see is either a fake or an optiioned 325iSE, with the exception of a certain blue one in Chch, which originally started life was the prossibly the worlds only auto 4dr 325i "Sport" but now happens to have a manual 2.8, thanks to Juzzie. Certainly one of the best E30's in the country.

Whats the big deal with opening rear windows? On my car they open outwards, is that an option or do the M325 ones open up different somehow?

Another question...

Did M325i come in auto?

Another thing to note is that there WAS auto versions, but they came with the switchable tranny, and are suprisingly fun to drive.

word, like my shiznit auto, is the switch actually part of the auto or can i use my current switch on the normal e28 4spd auto? if my auto blows one day for example, which if it did i would probably convert to manual, but yea.

My bad...

Anyway, theres some guy out in Island Bay or somewhere like that out in Welly who advertises bmw parts in the trade-exchange who has an auto 4 door M325i, claims it was a rare factory option. Seemed like he knew his bimmers but your saying its probably a kited 325? Just curious bout this one.